Problems with more then 24 services(Read 16125 times)
Problems with more then 24 services on: October 27, 2008, 04:26:29 PM
I have 26 applications to run os services with Eltima. When I try to run the 25rd service as applicaton, I get an error:

" localhost: Error starting service "name of the service"  -  the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Does Eltima have a limitation related to the number os services that I can Run? If not, what could the possible reason for this error?

PS. The error is not related to the service, because I can run any of 26 servicesm until the 24rd.

Re: Problems with more then 24 services Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 05:20:55 PM
Hello,

We are ready to help you and willing to do so very much.

I regret to say that our testers were not able to reproduce the problem you described.

I kindly ask you to send us with the Activity log for investigation. It is located in the bottom of the main window.

Re: Problems with more then 24 services Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 11:10:48 PM
I am having the same problem. But the number of services I can start before the error occur is 19. Can anyone help?

Re: Problems with more then 24 services Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 01:57:03 PM
Hello,

We are ready to investigate the problem. I kindly ask you to provide us with the following information:

1) Please, confirm the the problem does not occur if you stop 18 services and try to start the 19th service.

2) Inform us your PC specifications and OS version.

3) Send us XML configuration files of your services.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Re: Problems with more then 24 services Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 04:44:28 PM
Answers:
1)I confirm that the problem is not with the service itself, because when I stop any of the 18th running services I can start any stopped service
2)Intel Xeon CPU 3.4 GHz 3.5 Gb Ram
Microsoft Windows server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP2
3)I attached our xml, but as you can see the configuration are almost default, and the problem occurs on any .exe file that I try to start under an user account. If I try to run under localsystem it starts fine.

P.S. After the last system boot the number of services that I can run under user accounts simultaneously increased from 18 to 19, therefore the problem occurs when starting the 20th service. The services under localsystem do not affect the maximum number of services under user accounts.

Re: Problems with more then 24 services Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 01:15:36 PM
Hello

I regret to say that we were unable to reproduce the issue (have a look at the screenshot). Could you, please test whether the problem occurs if you run Notepad applications as services?

Thank you.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5