Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection(Read 9241 times)
Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection on: November 26, 2008, 07:37:50 PM
Hello,
I am running an application set to interact with the WinLogon desktop and startup automatically.

My app launches when the machine boots up and runs on top of the Logon window.

If a user connects to my machine with Remote Desktop and then logs off my application never comes back.

Is there a way to automatically bring it back?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 04:19:31 PM
Hello,

Please, note that Winlogon window is set to be always on top. Therefore you are not able to see your application after log off, though it is launched.

Please, press ALT-TAB key combination in the Winlogon window and your application will appear.

Re: Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 04:31:01 PM
Thanks for the reply Tina.  Have you tried this?

One machine one start up your Notepad example so that it interacts with the winlogon screen.
From machine two Remote Desktop into Machine one.
CTRL-ALT-END and you will see that Notepad is still running.
Logoff from Remote Desktop.
Go to machine one.  It will be at the Windows welcome screen, but Notepad is not there. CTRL-ALT-DEL to get to the Logon on screen Notepad is still not there.  ALT-TAB will not bring it up.

Dave

Re: Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 01:53:55 PM
Dear Dave,

After your first step, please execute log off on your "machine one". Connect to your "machine two" via Remote Desktop, execute log off and get back to the "machine one".

After that when you press ALT-TAB on the "machine one" your application should appear.

Please, make sure that "Use Fast User Switching" checkbox is enabled.

Re: Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 11:22:56 PM
Thanks for the reply.  I don't think that I am able to turn on Fast User Switching due to company policy.

Dave

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5