JVM_Bind Address already in use error(Read 44533 times)
JVM_Bind Address already in use error on: December 02, 2008, 06:37:01 PM
I have an application that I have set to run as a service. This particular application has a tendency to create a large log internal to its program that requires it to be restarted occasionally. I tried stopping and restarting the service, but this didn't clear out the log. Then I tried stopping the service and tried restarting the application manually but I received an error that the IP and port that I'm using is already in use (failed SocketConnector@ipAddress:portNum and a BindException error: Address already in use: JVM_Bind. So I am unable to clear out the log for this application. Here is the full information that is output when I try to restart the app manually:
2008/12/02 09:21:06:799 PST [INFO] DefaultFileReplicator - Using "C:\DOCUME~1\bi
dev\LOCALS~1\Temp\vfs_cache" as temporary files store.
2008-12-02 09:21:07.086::INFO:  Logging to STDERR via org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
INFO  02-12 09:21:07,267 - org.pentaho.di.www.WebServer@1f7708 - Created listene
r for webserver @ address : 172.16.2.9:8280
2008-12-02 09:21:07.195::INFO:  jetty-6.1.9
2008-12-02 09:21:07.429::WARN:  failed SocketConnector@172.16.2.9:8280
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector.newServerSocket(SocketConnector
.java:80)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector.open(SocketConnector.java:73)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractConnector.doStart(AbstractConnector.java:27
2)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector.doStart(SocketConnector.java:14
7)
        at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:
39)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:233)
39)
        at org.pentaho.di.www.WebServer.startServer(WebServer.java:199)
        at org.pentaho.di.www.WebServer.<init>(WebServer.java:55)
        at org.pentaho.di.www.Carte.<init>(Carte.java:46)
        at org.pentaho.di.www.Carte.runCarte(Carte.java:82)
        at org.pentaho.di.www.Carte.main(Carte.java:62)
2008-12-02 09:21:07.445::WARN:  failed Server@10d3f0d
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
2)
7)
39)
39)
Exception in thread "main" java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_B
ind
2)
7)
39)
39)

Re: JVM_Bind Address already in use error Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 06:43:33 PM
Hmm. Even deleting the service and recreating it using the output from Save/Export didn't clear out the log!   ???

Re: JVM_Bind Address already in use error Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 08:13:55 PM
I was finally able to clear this out by shutting down the service and killing the java.exe processes that were running in Task Manager. But shouldn't it technically restart the app when you restart services?

Re: JVM_Bind Address already in use error Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 05:05:13 PM
Dear Debbie,

Please, make sure that you have supplied -Xrs parameter to java executable:

Program -> Parameters -> add "-Xrs"

Re: JVM_Bind Address already in use error Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 06:32:35 PM
I've added this to the executable for this program. Is that the right place? It didn't seem to have an effect. The only way to get rid of this process when the service is shut down is to kill the java.exe task from task manager and then restart the service.

Re: JVM_Bind Address already in use error Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 03:25:44 PM
We are conmmunicating with you in http://www.eltima.com/forum/index.php?topic=3762.0

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5