Application Features - restarting on failure(Read 20309 times)
Application Features - restarting on failure on: December 10, 2008, 06:36:20 PM
According to the documentation, the service should restart on power failures or application crashes (client-server utilities, databases, etc.) automatically.

I've occasionally run into situations where my application will crash due to running out of memory for the JVM. In this instance, the service doesn't appear to restart or, if it does, I'm running into the previous issue I reported where it isn't clearing out the log information (even after adding -Xrs to the executable).

Should it be detecting this situation?

Re: Application Features - restarting on failure Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 03:24:30 PM
Could you, please, export settings of your service and send us for investigation.

Re: Application Features - restarting on failure Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 06:27:02 PM
I'm still having issues with this feature, I think. I have Java running as a service and the application running as a service. After this has been running for a couple of days, we appear to run out of java memory. It appears that the stdout isn't recording anything now either, even though this is specified in my service information and had been recording. It updates the timestamp of the file but isn't recording the output of the application running anymore?

Is the only way around this to schedule a stop and restart of the service?

Re: Application Features - restarting on failure Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 11:08:06 PM
I'm still having issues with this feature, I think. I have Java running as a service and the application running as a service. After this has been running for a couple of days, we appear to run out of java memory. It appears that the stdout isn't recording anything now either, even though this is specified in my service information and had been recording. It updates the timestamp of the file but isn't recording the output of the application running anymore?

Is the only way around this to schedule a stop and restart of the service?

In order to get the stdout to begin logging again, I had to delete the file so that it got recreated after restarting the service. Is this a known issue?

Re: Application Features - restarting on failure Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 09:09:26 PM
Is anyone from support around?

Re: Application Features - restarting on failure Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 11:40:34 AM
We deeply apologize for delay with reply.

Our developers are currently investigating the problem you described. Please, let us know the size of "stdout" file.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5