Application as Service 3.0 fails to launch(Read 32707 times)
Application as Service 3.0 fails to launch on: January 08, 2009, 03:20:57 AM
I installed App as Service on a customer's computer running Windows XP Pro SP3. It worked fine for several days - successfully launched my application on restart of Windows.

The system is on a managed network. Although I can't verify it, I beleive that the customer's IT department performed an automatic update of Windows yesterday and then rebooted the PC. When I remotely connected to the PC today, neither App as Service or my application were running. (My app is configured for Automatic start.)

I tried to launch App as Service from the desktop icon. I get an error message in the App as Service window that says:
"Unfortunately, connection could not be established. Please, make sure that Application as Service is correctly installed at the remote PC, and your firewalls are configured correctly (port 20576 is open). Press F5 to reconnect."

The customer's IT department claims that nothing in the firewall configuration would have been changed by a routine Windows update.

I checked the Windows Firewall settings. Even though the configuration indicated that the firewall was 'Off', I went to the 'Exceptions' tab and added both port 20576 and the App as Service program as exceptions. I tried confuring the port for both TCP and UDP. Both Exceptions had 'Any computer' set for the Scope. I got the same error message when trying to launch App as Service after the changes.

If there is another application providing a firewall, I couldn't find it. The 'Security Center' and the 'Windows Firewall' settings in the Control Panel didn't help. The only application that looked like it could be providing a firewall was 'Symantec Endpoint Protection', but under the list of 'Installed Protection Technologies' it only indicated Antivirus and Antispyware Protection.

I found reference to the above error message on the your forum and the proposed solution was to manually launch the App as Service service. I went to Control Panel/Admistrative Tools/Services. I selected Eltima AppSrv service and clicked Start the service. This gave me a Windows error message that says:
"Could not start the Eltima AppSrv service service on the Local Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

I then uninstalled App as Service, downloaded a fresh copy from your website, re-installed it, and then repeated the entire process above with the same results. Neither a Windows ReStart or cycling the power to the PC have any effect.

Help!

Re: Application as Service 3.0 fails to launch Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 01:54:58 PM
Hello,

I've just sent extended debug version of Application as Service on your e-mail. Please, let me know if you haven't received it by now and any alternative email where I can resend the ZIP to. You can reply to mailto:support@eltima.com

Re: Application as Service 3.0 fails to launch Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 05:45:26 PM
Uninstalled, installed Debug version, and attempted to start using the 'Launch Application' option in the installation program. Same results as in my original post. From app2srv.log:
08:19 08.01.2009 - Running service
08:19 08.01.2009 - Enable
08:19 08.01.2009 - Key bad
08:19 08.01.2009 - "C:\Program Files\ELTIMA Software\Application as Service\app2srv.exe" INSTALLELTIMA /SN="EltimaAppSrv" /PM="C:\Program Files\ELTIMA Software\Application as Service\netServices.exe" /DISP="Eltima AppSrv service" /STTA /CON1

Then tried to manually start the service using Administrative Tools/Services. Same results. From app2srv.log:
08:21 08.01.2009 - Running service
08:21 08.01.2009 - Enable
08:21 08.01.2009 - Key bad

Re: Application as Service 3.0 fails to launch Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 10:07:58 AM
Thank you for the log file you provided.

Please enter your registration info again and pay special attention to several important points:

1. Make sure that there are no excessive spaces before/after your registration name/code when entering them into the corresponding fields. Those might have been introduced by the mail client you use.

2. There should only be letters, digits and dashes in your code. We recommend to execute Copy and Paste operations when entering your registration info.

3. It often happens that e-mail client breaks the string into 2 rows or introduces excessive gaps. Please make sure that the registration code you enter is a single sting of letters, digits and dashes.

We can also recommend to copy the code to WORD doc: to shrink the text so that the whole code fits on one line making sure that all spaces are eliminated.

If you still fail to register please provide us with:

* a screenshot of the registration window with your Reg Name and Reg Key entered (but before you click "Ok" button);

* a screenshot of this product About screen;

* order ID (reference number) for the product you ordered (the one you have received in order confirmation e-mail from the billing operator Element 5 or RegNow right after order placement).

For security reasons do not post your order ID and any other Registration information online.

Re: Application as Service 3.0 fails to launch Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 12:50:46 AM
Hi,

Check the following information http://www.eltima.com/forum/index.php?topic=14323.0

Hope this information helps you.

Re: Application as Service 3.0 fails to launch Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 11:11:02 AM
Hi there,

Might be able to help.

I've started to experience this problem ever since I upgraded our mySQL package on our server. Since then, Application as Service intermittently (say ~80% of the time) gives the message:

"Unfortunately, connection could not be established. Please, make sure that Application as Service is correctly installed at the remote PC, and your firewalls are configured correctly (port 20576 is open). Press F5 to reconnect."

The odd this is that it does list all the services for a few seconds, then they dissapear and the above message appears instead.

Checking services.msc, Eltima Application as Service is running. Restarting it does not fix the problem.

This morning, I decided to reboot the server to see if this would help. After the reboot, the problem went away! The only reason i can think of is that some environment variable / registry key had been changed as the result of the mySQL installation which interfered with Application as Service. I can't be much more specific than that i'm afraid.

I'll consider this problem resolved for now until it breaks again. Was a specific cause ever discovered for this problem?

Cheers,
Adam.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5