Trial of Run As Service AZ(Read 12785 times)
Trial of Run As Service AZ on: February 03, 2009, 12:20:30 AM
I'm trying out the Run As Service AX as a possible OEM solution.  The application has a user interface and I've attempted to set up things per the demos.  I am able to get the application to run as a service with no problem running under a system local account.  However, whenever I log out of the current account which is showing the application form, the form receives a Form Close event and this kills the service -- when I log on again the service is stopped.  I've tried to Cancel the close in the C# Form_Closing event, but that prevents the logoff from taking place at all.

I've used a very old ServiceMill Active-x control in the past so am familiar with the techniques.  I figure I must be missing something simple or this should work as it did for that control.  With the ServiceMill control, I simply "hid" the form and allowed the remaining close action to take place.  That dosen't seem to work here, the service is still stopped.

Any suggestions.  I need to solve this before I can buy the product for the OEM solution. 

Thanks.

Re: Trial of Run As Service AZ Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 06:15:31 PM
Hello,

We deeply apologize for all the inconveniences you have experienced. Our testers are able to reproduce the problem you described. We will investigate it. Please, note the problem doe not occur in VC6 example.

I would recommend you to test Application as Service. This product will hopefully be the solution you seek. Please, be informed that it is advanced system utility which lets you not only to run any application program executable as Windows service but to create and manage system services locally or on any remote computer as well, benefiting from all of the advantages native Windows services provide.

To read about its features, please visit the page: http://www.eltima.com/products/application-as-service/

I kindly ask you to download free trial version and test its functionality yourself: http://www.eltima.com/download/application-as-service/

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5