It's very slow to create and delete more than 500 ports(Read 5015 times)
   I need create more than 500 Virtual Serial Ports when my application starts,And delete them when my application exits (after calling the Delete method of the CVSPortAx ActiveX for 500 times).
   But It takes me more than 30 minutes to delete all the ports.
   If I starts my application again when the ports are being deleted background,sometimes my application will crash,and sometimes my application can't create or attach some of the ports successfully.
   I want to know how to delete more than 500 ports very quickly.
   Thanks.

-------
Stephen
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 03:47:06 AM by stephen1w »

Re: It's very slow to create and delete more than 500 ports Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 05:19:00 PM
Dear Stephen,

Please, note that your system executes the deletion of the COM ports. Virtual Serial Port Driver just sends the command for deletion. We would recommend you to wait until all ports are removed, after that, please launch you application.

Re: It's very slow to create and delete more than 500 ports Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 04:54:52 PM
  Thanks to Tina.
  My applicaion can create all the 500 ports successfully if I wait for enough time until all ports are removed.But the waiting time is about 30 minutes,it is too long. And if I want to create more ports such as 1024,I can not imagine how long it will takes.
  Actually,Not only the deletion time is long,but the creation time of 500 ports is about 15 minutes,I thinks it is also too long for me.
  You mean that the time is dependent on the windows system,and my system is Windows XP with Intel Dual-Core E2140 CPU,1GB Memory.I think it is not very bad.
  Would you please tell me is there any way to improve the speed of the COM ports creation and deletion?
  Thanks again.

----
Stephen

« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 03:58:09 AM by stephen1w »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5