Problem in using AaS 2.0/3.0(Read 22207 times)
Problem in using AaS 2.0/3.0 on: August 01, 2009, 08:04:30 PM
Hi:

I used to run AaS 2.0 to activate a Dual-Program running (Call-on-Duty).  For instance, I specified the executable file, e.g., pro1.exe written in C language, in AaS.  The activated pro1.exe will then call the other executable file, e.g., pro2.exe through the calling of "system("pro2 parameters.dat")" compiled in pro1.exe.  Usually, pro2.exe will be displayed in the Task Manager in WinXP.

Now I am having problem in doing the DualProgram running.  When I start pro1.exe in AaS, I only see pro1.exe running displayed in the Task Manager in WinXp(SP3) instead.  And one of the output files from pro2.exe seems outrageous.

When I activate pro1.exe by clicking the file in the folder manually, pro1 calls pro2 correctly.  And the Task Manager diaplays pro2.exe is running.  This means pro1 can still call pro2 outside AaS.

So something must be goofy in AaS running under WinXP(SP3).  I tried AaS 3.0 and got the same problem.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,

GnR

Re: Problem in using AaS 2.0/3.0 Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 10:18:32 AM
Hello,

Please, make sure that you set Working directory for pro1.exe service. Please, go to Program tab -> Application parameters -> please, set the path to to the folder where pro2.exe file is located in the "Working Derctory" field. Please, be informed that this option defines the working directory of the application which is to be run as service.

Re: Problem in using AaS 2.0/3.0 Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 10:07:16 PM
Thank you, Tina.

I did put the correct path for pro2.exe in the "Working Derctory".  Furthermore, these two exe files stay in the same folder.

In fact, I used the same way to do the Dual-program calling before. It had been working fine. But since the upgrade of the PC, I couldn't run pro2.exe called from pro1.exe in AaS2.0 although I know pro2.exe must be activated somehow b/c the output file was generated from pro2.exe.

The strange thing is that this output file from pro2.exe increases its size dramatically, up to 5MB/sec, compared to the 112KB in total when pro2.exe runs normally outside the AaS by double-clicking pro1.exe manually.

It seems there is some conflict b/w AaS and the newly upgraded Windows XP.  I dont know how to fix it.

Hello,

Please, make sure that you set Working directory for pro1.exe service. Please, go to Program tab -> Application parameters -> please, set the path to to the folder where pro2.exe file is located in the "Working Derctory" field. Please, be informed that this option defines the working directory of the application which is to be run as service.

Re: Problem in using AaS 2.0/3.0 Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 09:37:29 AM
Could you, please send us pro1.exe and pro2.exe files to mailto:support@eltima.com for tests?

Thank you.

Problem in using AaS 2 0/3 0 Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 09:38:06 PM
Hi All,

I have tried POST a form without any problem, since the data to be posted are stored in the HTTP body part. However, for GET method, I still have trouble, since the parameters are appended to the URL.

Anyone can help?

Thanks.

Re: Problem in using AaS 2.0/3.0 Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 10:28:21 AM
Hello Bakuda,

I'm sorry but your issue is not quite clear. Are you asking about HTML programming? We only cover support for our own Products.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5