Distributing for Single user license(Read 17465 times)
Distributing for Single user license on: October 07, 2009, 02:50:56 PM
I have purchased a virtual serial port ActiveX single developer and a single user license for developing a product to be given to a single user. I am currently working on the installer application but I’m having problems with registering the single user license.

The installer currently copies all of the files specified by the ‘Virtual serial port driver installation’ help file under the ‘Redistribution’ heading as well as VSPort.dll and RegVSP.exe to the installation directory. When my application is built the complier creates the files Interop.VSPortLib.6.0.dll and AxInterop.VSPortLib.6.0.dll, these are also copied to the installation directory.

The installer executes vsbsetup.exe in the installation directory and then “RegVSP VSPort.dll”.

When the application is then first run the Eltima VSPort registration box is shown. Once the details of the single user license are input a message box is shown stating “Key is valid and has been stored. Please, reload you IDE to finalize the registration.”. My application then reports errors as it cannot properly access the virtual serial port activeX control. When the application is started again the registration box reappears.

I am not installing the executable setup file for the activeX control, should this be run on the target machine?

How can I correctly setup the ActiveX control for a single user license?

Regards.

Re: Distributing for Single user license Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 10:18:04 AM
Hello,

We are ready to help you. I kindly ask you to provide us with additional information. What programming language do you use? If you use vb.net or C# then, please execute the following command for registration of VSP ActiveX:

RegVSP vsport.dll /i:reg

... and enter your reg info.

I kindly ask you to check whether the problem occurs in our VC6 example.

If the problem persists, please send your order ID to mailto:support@eltima.com

Our testers will check whether your reg key is valid.

Re: Distributing for Single user license Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 05:02:37 PM
Sorry i am new to this. Where am I supposed to do this?"RegVSP vsport.dll /i:reg"?

Re: Distributing for Single user license Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 01:23:49 PM
Sorry i am new to this. Where am I supposed to do this?"RegVSP vsport.dll /i:reg"?

Please refer to the corresponding section of our online User Guide for details:
http://wiki.eltima.com/user-guides/vsp-ax/installation.html

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5