Windows 7(Read 46075 times)
Windows 7 on: October 22, 2009, 06:54:56 PM
I use both Serial Port ActiveX and Virtual Serial Port ActiveX in my application. When I install my application on a Windows 7 Pro machine, it appears to install correctly, and I receive the message that the two DLLs installed properly. When I run the application, the serial port works correctly, but I can't create a virtual port. I have tried running the application with admin privileges, and under various compatibility settings (XP/SP2 and Vista).

When will a version be released for Win7? Is there a workaround in the meantime?

Larry

Re: Windows 7 Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 12:20:39 PM
Dear Larry,

I kindly ask you to check whether Virtual Serial Bus Enumerator (Eltima Software) device is present in the Device Manager -> System Devices section.

I've just send the updated drivers of Virtual Serial Port ActiveX Control to your email.

Re: Windows 7 Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 07:16:07 PM
Hi Tina,

We are in the same situation except we have OEM license version.  When can we expect new VSPAX OEM for Windows7 with our name in the Device Manager? 

When doing the install on W7 x64 we get the following error:
callclassinstaller(REGISTERDEVICE) FAILURE: (0xe0000235)

We do not need the VSPAX to necessarily work in 64-bit mode, just that it can be installed and run on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine.  32-bit mode is OK.

-----

Also a questions to other developers, in the future we are interested in targeting both 32-bit and 64-bit but we need to buy a new compiler.  Can anyone recommend a toolset that they are happy with for targeting Windows x64 (XP/Vista/W7) ?  Will Borland Rad Studio do it or do we need to use Microsoft Visual Studio?

GB
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 11:12:40 PM by grantb4 »

Re: Windows 7 Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 12:18:37 PM
Hello,

Please, be informed that Virtual Serial Port ActiveX Control is compatible with Windows 7. I'll send updated drivers on your email.

Please, let us know the test results.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 12:21:58 PM by Tina »

Re: Windows 7 Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 09:55:15 PM
Thank you!

Re: Windows 7 Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 09:19:25 AM
Hi Tina,

I' using also a OEM license of Active X Control.
I have some troubles with Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit regarding the proper start/stop of the my windows service. The DLL registration during installation was OK.
Can you please send me the update drivers of Virtual Serial Port ActiveX Control to my email with a short description? Or is there already an official download page?
Due to your product page Win7 is not officially supported yet.

Thanks
Markus

Re: Windows 7 Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 11:02:37 AM
Dear Markus,

I'm glad to inform you that new beta version of Virtual Serial Port Driver is compatible with Windows 7. We will release it as soon as we get WHQL certification for Windows 7. I'll send the new drivers on your email.

Re: Windows 7 Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 02:21:39 AM
Hi Tina,

I am also using an OEM version of Virtual Serial Port ActiveX and it seems to install fine until the very end of the install.  The status bar is almost complete, the only out of the install is to cancel the RegVSP process.

This problem is occurring on a Windows 7 Ultimate computer.  Surprisingly, when I ran the same install on test computer also running Windows 7 Ultimate, the install completed.

I thought it may be a conflict with another file, such as the U3dapi.dll post, but I do not have that file and reading Process Monitor is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Is it possible that there are other files conflicting with RegVSP?

John

Re: Windows 7 Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 11:58:05 AM
Dear John,

Please, try to turn Off the Data Execution Prevention option on your computer. Note, that it is necessary to Run the installer as Administrator (right click on the file -> Run as Admin)

If the problem persists, please send your installation script to mailto:support@eltima.com for investigation.

Re: Windows 7 Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 04:17:56 PM
Hi Tina,

I tried setting DEP to Essential Programs and Services only and the install still hung at the end.  I'll try turn DEP completely off.

If the install does not complete again, where do I find the setup script that you mentioned to e-mail support?

I suspect the conflict may be with one of the accounting software packages that I have installed, perhaps Quick Books.  I will try a few things on my test machine where vspax worked to see if it will still re-install after putting on Quick Books and some of the other software that I have on my main machine.

Thanks for your help,
John

Re: Windows 7 Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 01:49:09 AM
Hi Tina,

I tried the install after setting DEP to off and restarting and it still hangs at the end of the install.

John

Re: Windows 7 Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 01:08:20 AM
Hi Tina,

I installed the majority of my software that I have on my main computer onto my test machine and VSPAX continued to install successfully.

I am at a total loss as to why VSPAX will not install on my main computer system.

Do you have any further ideas?

Thanks,

John

Re: Windows 7 Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 02:22:55 PM
Dear John,

Please, launch cmd.exe as administrator, go to the installation directory and execute: RegVSP.exe VSPort.dll. Please, send us a screenshot of error message, if it's appeared. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows 7 Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 04:30:56 AM
Hi Tina,

Somewhat success.

I did not receive any kind of error screen when I tried RegVSP.exe VSPort.dll.  When I tried the install again today, it completed through.  The only difference from yesterday is that I needed to install LogMeIn.

There does seem to be some issues when the Virtual Com Port is created by the manufacturer's software.  Device Manager displays the Virtual Port as Virtual_Serial_Port_00 with no Driver installed.  I then have to manually update the driver.  If I let Windows 7 do it automatically I end up getting the Blue Screen Of Death.  When done manually, I am prompted for driver version either 6.2.41 or 6.2.47, I have been choosing 6.2.41.  From what I remember 6.2.47 also gave me the BSOD.

The manufacturer's application does create the Virtual Port, but it seems to have problems communicating with it.

I am wondering if it is because I did not receive the pop-up for licensing information when the Virtual Port was created.  I thought I read somewhere that a demo version is limited to certain ports.  The licensing pop-up may have appeared early on, but I would have thought it would have been removed with Uninstall of VSPAX.

Going to play with it for a few more days to try to get it to work.  I may have to start fresh and re-install Windows 7 and VSPAX first.  Doesn't make sense to me why it works on a test machine, but not my main machine, they are virtually identical now except for hardware.

John

Re: Windows 7 Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 04:04:36 AM
Hi Tina,

Decided to give another couple of tries today.  Receive the BSOD one or two times after re-installing VSPAX when trying to create a virtual port.  Figured out that when the virtual port was being created, it must be picking up an invalid driver.

Googled on how to remove old drivers.  Just needed to add the System Variable "devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices".  Uninstalled VSPAX, and uninstalled any hidden devices that appeared in Device Manager that were no longer needed.

Re-installed VSPAX, had to cancel the task as it hung at the end.  Ran REGVSP.EXE VSPORT.DLL as per previous post.  There was also a number of restarts throughout the process.

Ran the manufacturer's software that creates the Virtual Serial Port.  Virtual Port appeared in Device Manager.  Created a modem using the Virtual Port, ran the software that I have been trying to communicate with some hardware and it connected perfectly.

Hope this helps someone else with a similar problem.  Long story short, just needed to uninstall what is displayed with the new System Variable that is no longer required.

John

Re: Windows 7 Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 04:22:58 AM

I also just remembered, that one of the first steps was to delete all of the contents in the folder C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download

Re: Windows 7 Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 08:56:14 AM
Dear John,

Thank you for sharing this useful information. I'm glad that it's now working as expected. Could you, please send us the "manufacturer's software" for tests?

Re: Windows 7 Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 02:10:57 PM
Hi Tina,

You may already have the manufacturer's software.

I will e-mail you further details.

John

Re: Windows 7 Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 05:56:16 PM
Hi Tina.

I have a similar problem when trying to install drivers to a gps-watch. I´ve tried with the drivers that came with the cd and the latest drivers from their website. Before the install finishes I get the message: "CallClassInstaller(REGISTERDIVICE)FAILURE: (0xe0000235)". When I click ok I get that the main failure is "0xe0000235".

I have Win 7 home edition on an acer aspire 7540 computer and would be most grateful for any help.

Nikke

Re: Windows 7 Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 09:39:06 AM
Hello

I have a similar problem when trying to install drivers to a gps-watch. I´ve tried with the drivers that came with the cd and the latest drivers from their website. Before the install finishes I get the message: "CallClassInstaller(REGISTERDIVICE)FAILURE: (0xe0000235)". When I click ok I get that the main failure is "0xe0000235".

I have Win 7 home edition on an acer aspire 7540 computer and would be most grateful for any help.

The specified error message appears when the calling application is a 32-bit application attempting to execute in a 64-bit environment, which is not allowed.

Is it the latest version of Virtual Serial Port ActiveX Control that you are using (7.1.238)?
Have you explicitly followed the installation instructions in our manual (http://wiki.eltima.com/user-guides/vsp-ax/vspd-install.html)?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5