Syncmate: new events on Windows Mobile don't get pulled into iCal(Read 9323 times)
I have just installed Syncmate hoping to replace MissingSync, with which I've had problems. Today, however, for the first time, I created a new event on my handheld and it did not get pulled over to the mac. I tried again with an event that had a time (the first was an all day event) and a nearer date (today, actually), and still it does not appear. The log from the most recent sync (first since I created the today, timed event) is below.

When I first installed the software, I did a sync with the setting for iCal to This MAC->Ben Littauer, but then re-set it to be two way <-> so that it would siync, not overwrite. See attached screen shot.

BEGIN SYNCING...

Check connections.

Start sync service session.
Beginning a sync session for connection Ben Littauer (PocketConnection)

Push Prepare.

Starting push phase.
Direction - This Mac <-> Ben Littauer
Contacts in history - 1074
Del 0 contacts from Ben Littauer
Add 0 contacts from Ben Littauer
Change 0 contacts from Ben Littauer
Direction - This Mac <-> Ben Littauer
Events in history - 209
Del 0 events from Ben Littauer
Add 1 events from Ben Littauer
Change 0 events from Ben Littauer

Starting pull phase.
Del 0 contacts from MAC
Change 0 contacts from MAC
Add 0 contacts from MAC
Del 0 appoints from MAC
Change 0 appoints from MAC
Add 0 appoints from MAC

Sync with sync service OK!

Start sync rest plugins

END SYNCING

Re: Syncmate: new events on Windows Mobile don't get pulled into iCal Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 04:18:15 AM
I've also tried the following since my initial post:

Changed the sync mode to "sync all calendars, sync events without category to:" and selected my main calendar. That didn't work.

Went back to "sync selected calendars", and selected the main calendar name as the category on the handheld. That didn't work.

Any help will be appreciated. If I can't get this working for calendar and contacts reliably, I'm certainly not going to go with the Expert version!

Re: Syncmate: new events on Windows Mobile don't get pulled into iCal Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 04:32:37 PM
Hello!
1. Do you (or did you) have any other synchronization tools installed on your Mac? If so, please uninstall them properly (using the uninsaller) and completely.

2. Make sure that you have the same Time Zones on your mobile device and on Mac (and also in your Mac and device calendars)

3. Try to sync All calendars without time limits;

Let us know the results.

Re: Syncmate: new events on Windows Mobile don't get pulled into iCal Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 06:11:59 PM
Hi, I have the same problem: a new appointment created on my T-Mobile Vario II (HTC TyTN) WinMobile 5 (Mr. Brown) device will not appear in iCal, although the sync log says "Add 1 events from Mr. Brown". And if I delete it from the pocket PC, then the sync log says: "Del 1 events from Mr. Brown".
So it looks to me that SyncMate is somehow convinced it's doing the right job, but iCal just doesn't get it.
And this happens always since a few months ago, since I updated from Leopard to Snow Leopard (now it's updated to 10.6.2, but also with 10.6 was the same)
For both Contacts and iCal I use the <-> option, and I only sync a specific group/calendar. But also trying Mr.Brown -> iMac does not help. I also resetted the history from SyncMate, from the preferences of iSync, does not help.
I have on other sync software on my computer. I tryed once MissingSync, but I uninstalled it, I do not remember if using its uninstaller. Could you tell me where to look, to see if there are still leftovers?

Re: Syncmate: new events on Windows Mobile don't get pulled into iCal Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 01:07:19 PM
I solved it, just changed the following settings:
- Contacts: from "Sync only selected groups: Mobile contacts" to "Sync all contacts to this group: "Mobile contacts"
- iCal: from "Sync only selected calendars: Mobile" to "Sync all events with calendar: Mobile"
where
- "Mobile contacts" is the Address Book group name that I sync with my Pocket PC (Outlook mobile) contacts;
- "Mobile" is the name of the iCal calendar I sync with the Pocket PC (Outlook mobile) calendar.

As I synced after doing these setting changes, it added a lot (about 500) of appoints corresponding to birthdays and anniversaries. But surprisingly it wasn't one per birthday. For some birthdays it did not add an appointment at all, for others it added 1, 2 or even 3 such recurring appoints. This is really odd, I knew Outlook does such shit (doubling every contact's birthday with an all day event in calendar), but in this case I am not sure if SyncMate or Outlook is responsible for the mess (I'd vote for Outlook :) ).

Anyway, after manually deleting them on my Pocket PC and, some leftovers, also from my iMac, now it seems that the history remembers this and does not do it anymore. So now I am in sync. Hope this will help others too.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5