Please see the comments below:
- ResetBus may not remove existing unused ports.
I kindly ask you to provide us with the detailed instructions on how this problem can be reproduced. Please note that ResetBus will not remove the ports if at least one port is opened.
- EnumVirtualPort should not return S_OK if the specified port number is
out of range. You should document whether arguments are zero-based or
Please, be informed that if port number is out of range, Virtual Serial Port ActiveX Control returns empty string. The numbering starts at 0.
- It should be possible to set the access mask before creating the port.
Otherwise any application may access the port after CreatePort just
before the access mask can be set.
I regret to say, that it is impossible to set the access mask before creating the port, in the current version of Virtual Serial Port ActiveX Control. We will take into account your suggestion.
- Registration should not require a restart of the application.
CreateInstanceLic should succeed if called again after registration.
Our software protection mechanism does not allow to execute registration without application restart. We will fix the issue in one of the future releases of the product.
- You should also provide a method to register the component from code.
This makes it possible to provide a custom (localized) UI
We will implement the option which allows to register the component from code. Please, be informed that Quiet registration is available for OEM license owners. To know more about Quiet registration, please follow the link: http://wiki.eltima.com/user-guides/vsp-ax/installation.html
- You should provide a merge module for Microsoft Installer packages.
This would save customers that create MSI setups a lot of time
We will take into account your suggestion. What installer you are using?
- vspdxp_install.exe is useless because it does not wait until
We will be glad to send you new build of Virtual Serial Port ActiveX Control. The problem you described is already fixed in the latest build of the product.
- Simply calling vsbsetup.exe does not work because this program seems
to expect that the current directory is the directory where vsbsetup.exe
Unfortunately, our testers were unable to reproduce the problem. What they did is:
1) Put NT5 folder to C:\
2) Open C:\from the console and type: NT5\vsbsetup
3) The drivers are not installed, because working directory is C:\(not C:\NT5)
It is necessary to set the Working directory correctly.
- The custom action also prevents that vsbsetup.exe displays an ugly
console window (you should have used /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS).
Most installers allow you to hide the windows. You can use NO_SHOW option.
- The Write and Read method do not work if called from an MTA
(Multithreaded Apartment). The IDL for the 2 methods is simply wrong.
It should be declared similar to ISequentialStream::Read,
[out, size_is(cb), length_is(*pcbRead)] void *pv,
[in] ULONG cb,
[out] ULONG *pcbRead);
ReadArray and WriteArray will work from an MTA.
Eventually I switched my application to STA because your
control does not seem to work reliable if used from an MTA.
What is your development environment? Please be informed that some IDEs do not allow you to work with pointers.