syncmate connects to PC but gets error AS_CHECK_CONTACTS(Read 12460 times)
I've been receiving the AS_CHECK_CONTACTS failure consistently lately and can not figure out what changed or why it is happening. Everything ran quite well for the first couple of months this year after first installing and running Syncmate. I believe it's been a couple weeks since this problem started.

Setup:
Snow Leopard
Windows XP VM, Outlook 2003

If I delete all contacts on the Windows side and then sync, everything works fine and the windows contacts are created. If I delete all contacts on the Mac side, the failure occurs.

Once both sides are populated, if I then try any type of contacts sync (one way or bi-directional), it fails with the AS_CHECK_CONTACTS error. This occurs consistently.

If I sync just iCal with Outlook, everything works fine.

I've tried removing / reinstalling the software on both sides, but to no avail.

Here's the version info from the log. Not sure if I should post a log sample.

Build 2.5.0.922
BackService version: 0.4.4b35
USB driver version: 0.2.4b14
Windows driver version: 2,1,1,200

Thoughts / help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: syncmate connects to PC but gets error AS_CHECK_CONTACTS Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 02:47:32 PM
Please, specify the following:

1) What is the total number of contacts you're trying to sync?

2) Do you click "Yes" in the dialog which appears in Outlook on synchronization attempt?

Re: syncmate connects to PC but gets error AS_CHECK_CONTACTS Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 07:58:05 PM
Please, specify the following:

1) What is the total number of contacts you're trying to sync?

Current contacts count is 1349. Is there a limit?

2) Do you click "Yes" in the dialog which appears in Outlook on synchronization attempt?

Yes, if the question is referring to the dialog box asking permission to allow access to Outlook contacts.

Re: syncmate connects to PC but gets error AS_CHECK_CONTACTS Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 02:19:59 PM
Most likely this issue occurs because of number of contacts that you're trying to sync.

We are currently working on optimization of synchronization with Windows Address Book so that big amounts of contacts would be processed faster.

I would like to recommend you to subscribe to our RSS feed to be first to know about SyncMate updates:
http://mac.eltima.com/rss/en-syncmate.rss 

Re: syncmate connects to PC but gets error AS_CHECK_CONTACTS Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 08:02:19 AM
Hi,

I'd like to follow-up on this with new information. I think the issue may be related to the syncing of image files and not necessarily the number of contacts. I went through a process of trimming my address book to below 750 contacts and continued to receive the AS_CHECK_CONTACTS error. I know I've successfully sync'ed over 1,000 contacts in the past.

I then decided to remove the profile images from the address book, once again removed all the contacts from Outlook, and performed the one-way sync. After the Outlook address book was repopulated, I've been able to sync > 1,300 contacts multiple times (one way and bi-directional) w/o issue.

FWIW, I've had success with image file syncing before. I don't know if there's a problem with one of the image files or if it's something else. The vast majority of the image files were pulled from LinkedIn.com and automatically added to Outlook with the LinkedIn Toolbar for Outlook. It was only after I removed all the image files (including the one added by the Mac for "my card"), that I was able to get it to work.

Hope this provides some insight.

Re: syncmate connects to PC but gets error AS_CHECK_CONTACTS Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 12:10:17 PM
I have sent the new build of SyncMate module for Windows to you to the e-mail that you provided during registration on this forum.

Please, try it and see if it fixes the issue.

Re: syncmate connects to PC but gets error AS_CHECK_CONTACTS Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 05:20:07 PM

I've received both emails and the file. Thank you.

I'll plan to install and test this coming weekend and will report back with findings. Sunday is more likely than Saturday.

Do you prefer feeback here or through email?

Thanks.

Re: syncmate connects to PC but gets error AS_CHECK_CONTACTS Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 10:36:23 AM
Do you prefer feeback here or through email?
You can reply either way you wish.

However, for the sake of others and keeping track of previous records/posts it would be better if you post your reply at forum.

Thank you.

Re: syncmate connects to PC but gets error AS_CHECK_CONTACTS Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 01:21:28 AM
Removed the old version and installed the new version. Sync'ed up a couple contacts with LinkedIn, which included adding photos to the contacts. Tried to sync and received the error below. I then removed the photos and ran another sync and was able to do so successfully.

BEGIN SYNCING...

Check connections.

Start sync service session.
Beginning a sync session for connection WINDOWSVM (WindowsConnection)

Push Prepare.
AS_CHECK_CONTACTS error.
Prepare Push failed.
Session <ISyncConcreteSession: 0x10ebfe0> cancelled. Session cancelled by client

Start sync rest plugins

END SYNCING

« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 05:17:03 AM by OmRon »

Re: syncmate connects to PC but gets error AS_CHECK_CONTACTS Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 11:40:24 AM
We would appreciate if you provide us with the backup copy of your contacts in Outlook, as we are not able to reproduce the issue.

Please, write to us at support[at]eltima.com and send us Outlook.pst file from your PC, which is located in:
C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\

We can assure you that we respect privacy concerns of our users and we won't use this information for any other purposes than testing.

Thank you.

Re: syncmate connects to PC but gets error AS_CHECK_CONTACTS Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 12:13:24 AM

I've sent two files in two separate emails, due to size restrictions established by my email provider.

The first email / file (1 of 2) is the file that fails. The second file (2 of 2) succeeds. The difference between the files is described in the first email.

Thanks.

Re: syncmate connects to PC but gets error AS_CHECK_CONTACTS Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 10:31:23 AM
Just a note to let you know that we've received your files and will get back to you as soon as investigate this issue. Thank you.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5