Cannot sync between 2 macs(Read 5544 times)
Cannot sync between 2 macs on: April 18, 2010, 05:20:21 AM
Just downloaded syncmate 2.5 and installed on my iMac and MacBook Pro. They are connected via WiFi over an airport network. I am able to mount each computer on the other through the network, however when I run SyncMate on either computer I am unable to add either computer to sync with. Perhaps I have the IP address wrong? I've tried using the computer names, I've tried the names in the connection name (under connection settings), I've ensured that the port is correct. No luck. Passwords are left blank.

Ideas?

Thanks, looking forward to a fix to my iTunes dilemma!

Re: Cannot sync between 2 macs Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 11:07:33 AM
Please, perform the following:

1. Make sure that the latest build of SyncMate is installed on both of your Macs.

2. Make sure that "Incoming connections" plugin is checked on both your Macs
(http://wiki.eltima.com/user-guides/syncmate-macos/configure-mac.html).

3. Please, check firewall settings on both of your Macs, as it may block SyncMate.

4. If the issue still persists, please, write to support[at]eltima.com and provide the following:

a) System.log during connection from the second Mac

- Launch Console.app on the second Mac (Applications\Utilities\Console.app)

- Choose System log, clear it (toolbar button - Clear Display)

- Launch SyncMate on the first Mac and try to establish connection with the second Mac

- When the procedure is over, please, copy messages from system log on the second Mac and send the to us. 

b) Snapshots of "Incoming connections" plugin settings in SyncMate from both your Macs

c) Snapshots of firewall settings from both your Macs

d) Step-by-step description of your actions and which response you receive from SyncMate while establishing connection, illustrated with the snapshots

Once we have received the additional information and research the matter, we will reply as quickly as possible.

Thank you.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5