SyncMate: How can I fix error syncing contacts from Mac to Google?(Read 11150 times)
I have managed to fix other problems with syncing -- errors that SyncMate had with particular calendar events -- but this latest error message has me stumped:
Code: javascript:void(0);
Starting push phase.
Direction - This Mac <-> Moshe Google
Contacts in history - 585
Del 2 contacts from Moshe Google
Add 1 contacts from Moshe Google
Change 2 contacts from Moshe Google

Starting pull phase.
Del 2 contacts from MAC
Change 1 contacts from MAC
-[NSCFArray stringByTrimmingCharactersInSet:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x1c10d3e0
Pull failed.
Session <ISyncConcreteSession: 0x19193360> cancelled. Session cancelled by client
This error message is singularly unhelpful. My guess is that a single contact -- and I assume the problem is on the Google side -- is giving me trouble.

Any suggestions on how to fix this error?

Comments on the user interface:

• The "NSCFArray stringByTrimmingCharactersInSet" message is all fine and good for developers, but knowing that a CSV file generated some sort of error doesn't help me as a user.
  • As a user I need an unambiguous message about the direction. "Push" is ambiguous, "Mac -> Google" is unambiguous.
  • If the problem centers around a particular entry, surely it must be possible to identify that entry in the log file?

Try to delete currently established connection with Google account in SyncMate and establish a new one.

If it doesn't help, please, provide the following information:

1. Mac OS version installed on your computer

2. Version (build) of SyncMate that you're using.

Sorry for the short delay. My account registration vanished overnight ("no such user") and I had to re-register.

I deleted the Google account and added a new one in again.

As I did the sync, I got the following message in the log, which prompted me to cancel the sync:

Starting push phase.
Contacts in history - 0
Del 0 contacts from Moshe Google
Add 584 contacts from Moshe Google
Change 0 contacts from Moshe Google
Events in history - 0
Del 0 events from Moshe Google
Add 241 events from Moshe Google
Change 0 events from Moshe Google

Starting pull phase.
Del 0 contacts from MAC
Change 54 contacts from MAC
Pull failed.
Session <ISyncConcreteSession: 0x158d6290> cancelled. Session cancelled by client
Add 409 contacts from MAC
Sync stopped by user
Sync stopped by user

END SYNCING

My worry is ending up with duplicates of all my entries on either on the Mac or on Google, or both. I don't see any evidence of this happening. Should I proceed with the sync?

Rather than wait around, I made archive copies of both iCal and Address Book and proceeded with the sync.

This time around, I got the log output
Starting push phase.
Contacts in history - 0
Del 0 contacts from Moshe Google
Add 972 contacts from Moshe Google
Change 0 contacts from Moshe Google
Events in history - 0
Del 0 events from Moshe Google
Add 241 events from Moshe Google
Change 0 events from Moshe Google

Starting pull phase.
Del 0 contacts from MAC
Change 52 contacts from MAC
Add 21 contacts from MAC
Del 0 appoints from MAC
Change 1 appoints from MAC
Add 0 appoints from MAC

Twice as many contacts as before -- makes me wonder. Regardless, after running to completion, I do not see duplicates in either the Address Book or in iCal, and they seem to be in order on Google as well.

Thank you very much for your help. Please let me know if you need additional information from me, e.g., regarding my Mac information or the circumstances surrounding my lost registration. (FYI I did not receive any email notification of replies.)

Regardless, after running to completion, I do not see duplicates in either the Address Book or in iCal, and they seem to be in order on Google as well.
As far as I understand, SyncMate works fine now on your computer and the issue is resolved. Am I right?

Most likely the errors that you've reported about were caused by some iSync (standard Mac OS sync service) issues:
Code: [Select]
Session <ISyncConcreteSession: 0x158d6290> cancelled. Session cancelled by client

Yes, thank you, all issues resolved, please let me know if I can assist you in any post-problem diagnosis.

How can I disable iSync on my Mac ?

http://honestreview4u.com/magic-of-making-up | http://honestreview4u.com/reverse-phone-detective
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 04:27:52 PM by JerriWenner »

How can I disable iSync on my Mac ?
You can disable iSync by unchecking "Enable syncing on this Mac" option in iSync Preferences.

However, we wouldn't recommend you to disable iSync if you're using SyncMate, as together with iSync all sync services will be disabled on your Mac.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5