Re-naming virtual serial ports(Read 8019 times)
Re-naming virtual serial ports on: July 19, 2010, 09:22:49 AM
Hi,

I'm an OEM license user.
I read that there is a possibility to rename the virtual serial ports for
199€. With this option the port name within the device manager can be changed.

Can I be sure that I also see the new name within terminal programs (e.g. teraterm, ... see also picture attached)?
Without this option I always have the message 'ELTIMA virtual serial port' within the terminal programs. Can I get rid of this message without the 199€ option?

thanks a lot
markus

Re: Re-naming virtual serial ports Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 08:39:56 AM
Hello,

Could you please specify the exact name of the terminal program that shows "ELTIMA virtual serial port" message? Since Eltima is not mentioned on the screenshot you provided, virtual serial ports names will not be changed even if you perform rename operation.

I kindly ask you to test the ports renaming feature using the following command line:

Vspdxp_install.exe /c "FE50Eltima Software Virtual Serial Port"

NOTE: the code (4 symbols) uniquely correspond to the custom name (in this case - "Eltima Software Virtual Serial Port"). If you execute this command with any other four digits or name, the ports name will be set to default (Eltima Virtual Serial Port).

Re: Re-naming virtual serial ports Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 01:28:53 PM
Hello,

I'm using TeraTerm Version V4.59
Is it possible to delete the string after 'COM 8' without buying
the port renaming feature?

thanks
Markus

Re: Re-naming virtual serial ports Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 10:41:43 AM
Dear Markus,

I regret to say that it is impossible to "delete the string after 'COM 8'". If you would like to change virtual serial ports names, it is necessary to purchase renaming ports option.

Re: Re-naming virtual serial ports Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 09:05:15 AM
Dear Tina,

just to be sure.
Even if I buy the 'port renaming option' I'm not able to delete the string after COM 8 ?

Re: Re-naming virtual serial ports Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 02:21:23 PM
Dear Markus,

Please, be informed that if you order renaming ports option the COM ports will be named according to your choice. If you want to replace "COM8: Eltima Virtual Serial Port" with "COM8:", then you need to specify "space" as a custom name.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5