A lot of people working in IT sphere, design or video editing find having more than one monitor extremely helpful, because it extends your workspace nicely. Also it is a great option for someone who wants to work on one monitor and watch a movie on the other. Also you can move fullscreen game to second monitor.
To start using two or more monitors on Mac follow these steps:
- Check the available ports.
If your computer has one or more Thunderbolt ports, connect monitors to them. In case the monitors also have Thunderbolt ports, you have an option of connecting one monitor to another and then to the port of your Mac.
- Connect the monitor.
This is easy - power down your Mac first and plug your monitor in your Mac.
- Configure new monitor.
Click the Apple in the upper menu bar and open System Preferences. Choose "Displays" and click the "Arrangement" tab. Set up the screen placement in order for your mouse cursor to flow naturally from one monitor to another.
Move fullscreen to second monitor of Mac with Elmedia Player PRO
Elmedia Player PRO is the perfect dual monitor video player that lets you watch videos in fullscreen when using other display simultaneously.
Choose which monitor will be playing fullscreen videos in Elmedia Player PRO:
- Go to Preferences of the player -> Interface -> choose Full-screen mode: Custom -> choose monitor from the popup.
- Start playing the video and switch to fullscreen mode.
- Enjoy watching movies on full screen monitor while working on the other one.
Elmedia Player PRO has two full screen modes:
- native macOS full-screen mode: when you initiate it, the player appears in its own space;
- custom full screen mode: you can assign a specific monitor for playback of full screen videos (when more than one display is present). In case just one display is plugged in the computer, the player opens full screen video on the available display.
Note that Elmedia Player has a convenient setting to always start videos in fullscreen. This setting can be found in Interface section of Preferences.
Actually you can play the same video on all connected displays at the same time with Elmedia Player PRO. This option has to be enabled in Apple menu:
- System Preferences, then click Displays, and then Display tab.
- Set all displays to the same resolution.
- Click Arrangement, then choose Mirror Displays.
Now you can play videos at school or use it in business environment, thanks to multi screen video Elmedia Player PRO.
Version 7.6(1831) (30th Sep, 2019) Release notes