How to Download Torrents From IsoHunt on a macOS
IsoHunt is known as a great source of torrents in a range of content categories. IsoHunt was founded by Gary Fung in 2003. It’s an established fact that IsoHunt is home to a lot of pirated content. The site was hosting around 14 petabytes of data in 2012, which led to the website being closed in 2013. Of course, mirrors of the website were up and running within a month.
The website is simple to use and has a range of torrent files ready to be downloaded. Use IsoHunt to download movies, IsoHunt to download software on Mac, and IsoHunt BitTorrent software download. There’s just about any kind of content on there. All you need is an IsoHunt torrent downloader for Mac to access all the anime, game, movie, and software content you need. There’s also top searches to make it easier to find your content.
IsoHunt is a great website by itself, but you can make it better by downloading torrent files using Folx.
Folx is a great torrent client for Mac. As well as making it simple and efficient to download torrent, there are other benefits to using the app, including: the ability to assign different priorities to download tasks, regulating download and upload speeds to optimize internet speeds, tag downloaded content to make it easier to sort and manage files. Folx also supports magnet links. There is a paid Pro version of the software that allows for the searching and downloading of torrents directly through the application. There’s no need to browse through different torrent trackers when all you have to do is search for a keyword through Folx. The software then displays a list of results from a range of torrent trackers in seconds.
The first thing to do is download Folx and then launch the app on your Mac after installation. Folx is completely free so you get started in seconds. Clicking on a magnet link pastes it into the Folx app. Choose some settings for the torrent and then press ok.
To get started downloading torrents from IsoHunt, just keep reading and follow the below steps:
1. Create the download task by doing one of the following:
- Open the main menu and choose File > New Task.
- Press the + button to the top of the main window.
- Click on a download link (Torrent/Magnet download) on a 1337 torrent page after enabling "Use Folx to catch download links in browsers" in the preferences.
2. Choose download options:
- URL: paste the URL for the file.
- Tags: Assign a tag to the torrent ("Other" is the default setting).
- Save to: Designate a download path.
- Choose your own download path or leave it set to automatic to allow Folx to assign a download path based on the chosen tags (default save locations can be adjusted through the Tags page in Preferences). Assigning extra tags doesn’t alter the download path as Folx creates a link to the content in each additional directory.
- Start: Choose whether the download will start automatically, manually, or to a schedule.
- Split Into: Choose how many threads the download will be split into.
- Rename: Choose a new name if necessary.
- Referrer: A referrer is an HTTP header field identifying the webpage that linked you to the resource you are downloading. Some websites require you to have a referrer URL to download the content.
- Description: Give the files being downloaded a description.
- Authentication: Enter login information for the server if necessary (read through our section on Password Manager for more information)
- Set as Default: choose this option to remember the current settings to automatically use these settings the next time a torrent is downloaded.
3. Click OK to begin the download process. While Folx is a free torrent downloader, the developers offer a Pro version with additional Pro features:
- Users of the Pro version are able to use the Folx interface to search and download torrents directly. Enter a query into the search bar and choose the torrent you want from the results.
- Authentication: Enter login information for the server if necessary (read through our section on Password Manager for more information).
- Schedule downloads to be performed at a set time during the day.
- Speed control: use the dropdown menu to adjust the global speed limits.
- Folx has a built-in password manager allowing users to store their passwords for different websites, meaning users don’t have to remember and enter them all manually. Only 2 passwords can be remembered by the free version, while the pro version allows for as many passwords to be saved as necessary
Version 5.7.13779 (14th Jan, 2019) Release notes