How to convert image to JPG (JPEG)
Most websites typically accept images only of a particular format, the most preferable being JPG or JPEG. It is known that no matter how small the size of a JPG picture is, it is still of the best possible quality. If your images have any other extension, e.g. TIFF or PNG, you will need to figure out a way to convert TIFF to JPEG Mac owners could make use of. Or perhaps there are applications to convert PNG to JPG Mac users already have or could install on their machines?
Here we will tell you of different methods to convert on Mac TIFF to JPG or in fact convert any image format to JPG.
Preview, a part of standard OS X package, is a photo converter Mac owners could utilize.
This is how you can, for example, change BMP to JPG Mac:
- Right-click on an image you want to convert, select ‘Open with’ > ‘Preview’.
- In Preview go to ‘File’ menu and select ‘Export’. In the dialogue window displayed select ‘JPEG’ format. Change other parameters such as quality and resolution, if required.
- Click ‘Save’.
If you don’t have Preview installed on your machine or work from a tablet or mobile phone, go for a web image converter for Mac.
2. Web converter
Go online and google ‘convert TIFF to JPG Mac online’ or ‘change PNG to JPG Mac’ depending on what the current format of your pictures is. The search will return a whole lot of results for photo converter for Mac, choose one and follow the instructions.
Please note that:
- Some of these Mac image converters expect you to register or sign up on their website. Read terms and conditions carefully unless you want to be spammed later on.
- There might be a size restriction for Mac convert TIFF to JPG.
- Use wi-fi for ‘convert BMP to JPG Mac’, ‘convert GIF to JPG Mac’ and operations alike.
Have a lot of images to process? Try a batch image converter for Mac
Here we will give you an example of batch convert PNG to JPG Mac owners could make use of.
- Download, install and launch the application.
- Choose images for conversion, ‘drag-and-drop’ them to PhotoBulk window.
- Select one of the following options – ‘Resize’, ‘Optimize’, ‘Watermark’ or ‘Rename’. Once you perform one of these operations, ‘Convert’ option becomes available to you.
That’s it – this Mac batch image converter can save you lots of time and effort.
Version 2.1.246 (8th Feb, 2018) Release notes