Reasons to use optimize software and how to compress photo on Mac
To optimize images Wordpress users, as well as other bloggers and webmasters, use various optimize software. Wondering why it is necessary as well as what are the benefits of optimization? What kind of image optimizer Mac solutions to use and how to compress files in a simple way? The answers to these questions you will find in the article below.
To begin with, let’s start with the following question like “What is an optimization of an image?” if not to go deep into details, it is a process of compressing the image and setting the parameters of its display for optimal use on the Internet. When placing a file on the Internet, the size of the file is important. There are several factors that you should keep in mind when talking about the file size, namely, that it should be set in such a way that the time for its downloading would be minimal, while the image quality is set to be the maximum. Besides that, there are also a lot of reasons for image optimization.
List of main reasons to use optimize software
- The size of the image. Let’s imagine the situation that you post a photo on your site with the size of several megabytes. Wondering what is wrong with it? Let’s try to puzzle out. First of all, by doing so, you overload and disrupt your server. Secondly, the page, where you have placed your picture, will take a very long time to load. All these factors affect the traffic of the site greatly. Just admit the fact that, people do not like visiting sites that are really slow and load for a long time.
- The loss of image quality. All of us have faced up such an issue that when you upload your photos from your latest vacation or an event to social networks, you definitely have noticed that they are not as clear, colorful, contrasting as they were in original. The thing is that when you upload your images to any Internet resources, they automatically compress and degrade the quality of your images. Does not sound so great, does it? As you want your photos to be of a high quality. That is why you need to know how to compress an image before uploading it to the site, so you could enjoy the better quality of it.
- Another situation is that sometimes you need to download an image of a certain size and certain format. For example, you need to download an icon of certain pixels in the .png format for your site, then again PNG optimizer Mac solution is of a great help here.
Also we shouldn’t underestimate other factors including the incorrect proportions of a photo, that can lead to corruption as well as the fact that during the layout of web design, all the elements of the future site (pictures in the format .png and .jpg) should be necessarily prepared for the Internet, without this layout is impossible.
So as you can see, image optimization plays one of the most significant roles when optimizing a site and in increasing of the site’s download speed. Unfortunately, very seldom people bother with this issue. And they should not, because it's easy, fast and really gives an essential increase in speed and not only.
So to help you with this issue, you need to find an image optimizer Mac solution that would meet all your requirements. As nowadays, you can find a great list of such apps all over the Internet. However, it can sometimes be difficult to choose the one and only. We have decided to answer the above question “How to compress a picture” with a help of PhotoBulk app, developed by Eltima Software.
PhotoBulk – an excellent optimize app for Mac
It is a simple app that can edit photos in bulk that can essentially save your time. With this batch image editor, you can optimize multiple images easily. It is worth noting, that PhotoBulk optimization is done without any losses. In other words without affecting the quality of the photo. If you are worried about the originals of your photos, then you shouldn’t. As all the original images remain intact.
The app has a very user-friendly interface with the preview window that can be rather useful, as it gives you a better understanding of what is going on with the photos and how they will look like at the end. Neat and simple, this software can appeal to a lot of the users.
Guide how to compress files on Mac:
- Download PhotoBulk from here or from the Mac App Store.
- Launch PhotoBulk.
- Сhoose the images you want to optimize and move them to PhotoBulk’s editing window. All of the added files will be shown in PhotoBulk’s Gallery. Besides, there are some variants of adding photos to this image optimized Mac solution, including drag and dropping, hotkey and by choosing File → Open… from the menu bar.
- In order to start working with photos, you should activate Optimize option in the sidebar. However, keep in mind that you can optimize only JPEG and PNG files.
- To change the optimization level drag the slider:
- After you set up all your preferred settings and are ready to apply them, click START button.
- Select the path to save the processed images in the invoked window.
- Click Save button.
★ to the left – for minimal compression;
★ to the right – for maximal compression.
Nevertheless, it is not the only thing that PhotoBulk can boast about. With its help, you can also add different types of watermark and resize multiple images in different ways at a time. To cut a long story short, with PhotoBulk you will not only know how to compress a JPEG on Mac but also how to make other rather useful manipulations with the photos on your Mac. Check this app out and who knows, maybe it could become an essential app for your work.
Version 2.1.246 (9th Feb, 2018) Release notes