How to download from RarBG torrent website
RarBG began life back in 2008 as a BitTorrent tracker. The website has since grown to become a powerhouse in the torrent world, providing over 300,000 users each day with magnet links and torrent files. What makes the website so special is that it’s put together in such a way that makes it easier for beginners to use, and it has a huge community that posts torrents and provides their feedback on others. This helps users avoid malicious links, the biggest issue with downloading torrents.
RarBG was originally hosted over in Bulgaria, but had to hop between countries to escape the ire of the authorities. Unfortunately the website is outright banned in certain countries, such as the United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, Denmark, India, and Portugal. The good news is that the website can be accessed in these countries through the use of a VPN. VPNs allow you to bypass any such ban and access RarBG, along with any other website blocked by your government or ISP. They also protect online privacy and are recommended for anyone looking to download files online – whether directly or through a torrent site such as RarBG.
If you want to know how to download videos from RarBG in a simple and effective manner, then Folx downloader is the RarBG downloader Mac software for you.
Folx provides users with a convenient way to download from RarBG. Users can prioritize torrent downloads, adjust download and upload speeds, and tag torrents to make it easier to search downloaded content for specific files.
Let’s Learn how to Download Videos from RarBG using Folx
The first thing to do is download Folx. Folx is completely free to download and use so you can install and launch it as soon as you’re ready. How to use RarBG torrent site on Mac is also easy enough to understand. Start by running your VPN (if needed) and then open up the RarBG site. Find the torrent or magnet link that you want, and paste the URL into the Folx interface. Press Enter to start the download automatically using the default settings.
If you want to set up private settings and control the program to your own specifications, then keep on reading for detailed steps:
1. Create the download task. There are a couple of ways to do this:
- Open up the main menu and choose File > New Task
- Click the + button to the top of the main window
- Click on the download link in the web page (you must allow Folx to catch magnet download links through the preferences for the program)
2. Choose the Download Options
- URL: Paste the URL for your download
- Tags: Assign tags to a download ("Other" is the default if none are selected)
- Save to: Specify a download location
- Choose your own download location or leave it set to Automatic to allow Folx to choose a download path based on the specified tags. The download locations for specific tags can be changed through the Tags page in Preferences. Assigning multiple tags to a download doesn’t alter the download path as Folx will place a link in each directory for the chosen tags
- Start: Choose whether the download will begin automatically, manually, or at a scheduled time
- Split Into: Choose how many threads the download will be broken into
- Rename: Choose a new name for the download if necessary
- Referrer: Referrer refers to the HTTP header field identifying the address of the website that linked you to the specified torrent. Some websites require this referrer URL to allow access to the data.
- Description: write a description for the files being downloaded
- Authentication: Enter the login and password information for servers that require them, known as private trackers. Read through our section about Password Manager for more on this.
- Set as Default: choose this option to remember the current options and make them the default settings in the future
3. Start the task by clicking OK
While Folx is a completely free way to download RarBG videos on Mac, there is a Pro version available. This Pro version comes with special features that make it worth the cost:
- Users of the PRO version will be able to search for – and download – torrents directly through the Folx interface. Just enter your search terms into the search bar and choose the torrent you need from the results
- Authentication: Enter the username and password information of the server if necessary (read through our Password Manager section for more on this)
- Scheduling downloads to schedule tasks to be performed at a pre-determined time
- Speed Control: Open the dropdown menu to alter the global download and upload speed limits
- Folx has a built-in password manager that safely stores passwords for different websites, meaning you won’t need to keep track of all of them. The free version allows you to store two passwords, while the PRO version allows you to store an unlimited number of passwords.
Version 5.5.13723 (12th Jun, 2018) Release notes