If you want to listen to your favorite smartphone tracks on Mac you don’t need to copy music from iPhone, iPod, or iPad to your computer. With Elmedia Player PRO supporting the AirPlay technology you can open an audio file on your smartphone, and enjoy it immediately on Mac or through surround sound system.
Elmedia can make your Mac computer an AirPlay receiver, so you get a possibility to stream audio in AAC, MP3, AIFF, WAV and other formats from iPhone, iPod, or iPad to Mac.
AirPlay music using Elmedia Player PRO
Elmedia Player is a free software that offers video and audio playback in high quality. Elmedia Player PRO (paid version) allows you to download content as well as to stream files via AirPlay technology.
Right now iOS 9, 10, and 11 owners can use Elmedia for streaming only music. Video and audio files are AirPlayed in iOS 6, 7, and 8.
You also have the possibility to use Mac controls (Play/Pause, Previous, Next buttons) to manage your playback streamed from iOS if your device supports it.
To start streaming music to Mac with Elmedia Player make the following steps:
- Visit Eltima Software official website and download the app on your computer.
- Activate Elmedia Player PRO version. After purchase you’ll receive an activation code. Paste it into a proper field.
- Make sure your iOS device and Mac featuring Elmedia Player PRO are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Choose an audio track for streaming.
- If you have iOS 9 or earlier releases tap Control Center -> AirPlay -> Elmedia Player.
- iOS 11 owners should tap Control Center -> 2 WiFi bars. Choose Elmedia Player from the list of available devices to AirPlay music.
- After you opened Control Center on your iPhone/iPad, tapped the AirPlay button and chose Elmedia Player, you will see an "Access requested" notification window in Elmedia Player. Tap Allow if you want to allow it streaming. After that your music from iPhone will be streamed to the player. In the AirPlay settings you can choose what action Elmedia should do on connection. If you don’t want to get this message in the future find On Connection and select Connect and Play. This request won’t appear on your device anymore.
If you still have doubts about Elmedia Player PRO you can try it for free. Use 1 minute of streaming audio tracks from your iOS device. You will see that Elmedia easily manages different types of audio files, so you won’t need any converters.
Version 7.4(1816) (30th Jun, 2019) Release notes