Built-in packer supports reading and writing of the following packed file formats: ZIP, 7ZIP, TGZ, TBZ, tar.bz2 (tbz2, tb2), tar.Z, tar.lzma and tar.xz.
Files can be copied/moved directly from one archive to another. You can also delete files and create new folders directly in an archive.
TGz and 7zip (compression/uncompression, browsing and search), tar.bz2 (tbz2, tb2), tar.Z, tar.lzma and tar.xz are available in PRO Pack mode only!
You can also use built-in packer to open RAR (in PRO Pack mode) and ISO files.
To open the archive to see its contents, click Enter.
To open the file in an archiver program, click Alt + Enter.
To compress files, do the following:
1. Select the files you want to pack.
2. Choose the “Compress selected file(s)” option from the right-click menu:
The archive will appear in the same pane.
To set the default archiver and to tune the archiver’s settings, go to Preferences.
If you need to pack files and move the archive to the target pane simultaneously, follow these steps:
1. Set the source folder (directory) in one pane, and the target one in the other.
2. Select the files you want to archive and move.
3. Click the Archive toolbar button.
4. Set the archiver type and customize compression settings:
5. The archive will appear in the target pane.
You can also use the following hot keys:
Ctrl +F5 – Compress files
Ctrl + Alt + F5 – Compress files with options