Hide My Folders ActiveX lets developers hide any file or folder in Windows system. Once files or folders are hidden they cannot be accessed, searched for, viewed or deleted, therefore no one will know that they exist. Instead of specifying necessary file/folder names you can define pattern-matching mask to hide a group of files that complies with certain criteria such as same extensions or similar names.
Using Hide My Folders ActiveX methods and properties you can easily implement advanced hiding features in your application.
Hide My Folders ActiveX allows you to specify the application which you want to use the hiding engine for. As the result, several applications using our ActiveX Control may co-exist on a single PC without interfering with each other. Unique application identifier guarantees that other application, which uses Hide My Folders ActiveX, will not see the hidden files of your software that also implements our product.
“White applications’ list” feature allows developer to specify the list of other applications that will access all hidden folders and files without the necessity to unhide them. This is useful if you want to grant privileged rights (VIP access) for the certain applications and bypass standard unhide-access-hide procedure that you need to make in order to access the hidden files. For instance, you may add your accountant application to the white applications’ list and access your financial reports files that are hidden for other applications.
Fully commented sample code for almost all major development environments, simple installation and fully commented code make Hide My Folders ActiveX the number one choice for security software developers.
Summary of main features
- hide files and folders from viewing, accessing, searching and deleting directly from your own application
- create any number of applications that work with the same ActiveX instance simultaneously and do not interfere with each other
- turn on/off hiding engine globally
- easy-to-use hiding features management
- white applications’ list grants full access to hidden files and folder for certain applications
- specify wild-card mask to hide a group of files/folders that match the mask
- any number of files, masks and folders can be hidden at the same time
- no one can access hidden files unless they are unhidden by your application
- invisibility of hidden files and folders over the network
- highest level of information security for your software
- NTFS, FAT32, FAT file systems are supported
- all hidden items will stay invisible in Safe Mode too
- sample codes for all major IDEs are provided
The Hide My Folders component is compatible with
- Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Windows Server 2008
- All 64-bit Windows OS versions
- VB: Microsoft Visual Basic 5-6
- Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
- VB.net, C++, C#: Microsoft Visual Studio.net (2002, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010)
- C++ Builder 3-6/X/2006/2007/2009/2010/XE
- Delphi 3-8/2005/2006/2007/2009/2010/XE
You can see the functionality of Hide My Folders ActiveX Control in a commercial product at /products/hide-files.