To add watermark, activate Watermark option in the sidebar. This will automatically add the text watermark.
To change the type of watermark, invoke the drop-down list in the PhotoBulk watermark settings.
To add another watermark, click the + sign button in the upper right corner of the watermark settings and choose the desired watermark from the drop-down list.
There are 4 possible watermark types:
- Text: allows to add a text based watermark to the image;
- Image: allows to overlay an image on the top of the picture;
- Script: allows to cover the whole image with the repeats of horizontal and vertical text, so no single part of it can be used without your consent;
- Datestamp: allows to add digital date to the image.
1. Text Watermark
Text watermark settings allow to choose the font name, size, style, text color and opacity.
1.1. Choose the font
Choose the font name from the drop-down list.
1.2. Choose the font style
To change the font style select the watermark and in the Menu bar choose Format – > Bold or Format – > Italic
1.3. Set the font size
Choose the font size from the drop-down list or enter the appropriate value in the text field.
To make the text bigger in the Menu bar choose Format – > Bigger or press ⌘+. To make the text smaller choose Format – > Smaller or press ⌘-.
1.4. Choose the text color
To change the color click the color well to bring up the Color panel.
1.5. Underline text
To underline the text click the U icon button. Or simply select the watermark text and in the Menu bar choose Format – > Underline or press ⌘U.
1.6. Adjust the opacity of watermark
To adjust the opacity of watermark grab and drag the opacity slider. To make the watermark look more transparent drag the slider to the left. To make the watermark deeper drag the slider to the right.
2. Image Watermark
Select the image watermark from the drop-down list in the PhotoBulk watermark settings.
Browse the desired image watermark by clicking the button Browse in the PhotoBulk watermark settings.
Type the desired width and height and choose the opacity.
Select the datestamp watermark from the drop-down list in the PhotoBulk watermark settings. Datestamp watermark settings allow to choose the font name, size, style, text color and opacity. It is impossible to change the text of datestamp watermarks because it is extracted from the image metadata.
When selecting date format you can choose between:
- short style – digits only. For instance: 01/01/1970;
- medium style – with abbreviated text. For instance: 1 JAN 1970;
- long style – full text. For instance: 1 January, 1970;
- full style – with detailed description. For instance: Thursday, 1 January, 1970
4. Script watermark
Select the script watermark from the drop-down list in the PhotoBulk watermark settings. In the text field type the desired text and choose the font style, size, color, etc.
5. Lock “Keep watermark size proportional to each image”
Proportional watermarks are sized according to the size of the image being watermarked.
If you add a fixed size watermark, either a text or an image, the watermark size will remain the same on all images despite the size of the image.
For proportional watermarks, the watermark size is calculated according to the dimensions of the watermarked image.
To delete the watermark press the Trash icon button in the watermark settings.
To select watermarks in PhotoBulk click a watermark on the preview. Once the watermark is selected, you should see it in a bounding box with four little handles.
Alternatively, use the settings list to select a watermark. Click a watermark settings in the list to make it selected on the preview.
Changing the Watermark Text
To start editing double-click the watermark on the preview. To finish editing a text, click outside the text box.
To change the text of a script watermark, edit it in the text field in the watermark settings.
Changing the Watermark Position
To change the position to the desired one drag the selected watermark with a mouse or move it using the arrow keys in the arrow keys direction.
Here is the animated tutorial how to rotate, resize and drag watermark. Click the image to view the animation.
To resize a watermark:
- Select a watermark. Blue manipulation handles will appear.
- To resize the watermark grab and drag the handles.
To rotate a watermark:
- Select a watermark.
- Position your pointer near the outer corner of one of the handles of the bounding box. The cursor will change to a rotation cursor.
- To rotate a watermark drag the cursor around the object.
While rotating, a text tooltip will display the amount of rotation.
To rotate a script watermark:
- Select a script watermark. This displays the circular control with the rotation handle.
- To rotate it grab the rotation handle and drag it around the object.
To hide the rotation control, click anywhere outside of it.