Recover PDF Password for Mac by Eltima Software is a very useful application for searching passwords for password-protected Adobe Acrobat (PDF) documents.
A standard PDF document can have two passwords: “User” and “Owner”. When “User” password (also known as Document Open password) is set, the password must be typed in to open the document. When “Owner” password (also known as Master or Permissions password) is set, one doesn’t need “User” password to open the document, but must type in “Owner” password to be able to copy, print, edit, and modify PDF files the way one needs. If a PDF file is secured with both types of passwords, it can be opened with either password, but only “Owner” password allows working with the document without any restrictions.
Now the process of recovering PDF files passwords becomes much easier with Recover PDF Password. The application allows searching for forgotten or lost “Owner” and “User” passwords using several deciphering algorithms.
Brute-force search involves selection of a possible password length and searching until the correct password is found. This strategy is effectively optimized for password recovery speed, thus short passwords can be recovered in just a few minutes.
Searching by template allows you to specify the template – already known symbols or characters – to decrease the total number of passwords to be verified.
Additionally, Recover PDF Password possesses exhaustive search option, which is recommended if a PDF file has both “User” and “Owner” passwords, and they are long and complex.
Besides brute-force search, you can also try dictionary search for password recovery, which tries every word or digit combination from special lists as a password.
Recover PDF Password also proposes file decryption. The decrypted file is saved without password and usage limitations. Moreover, your digital signatures are removed from the decrypted PDF file.
Now encrypted PDF files will not bother you any more since you are using Recover PDF Password. Our unique technology ensures the quickest recovery of the most complex passwords. As the result, you get the password for the protected PDF.
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) support – new!
- Does NOT need Adobe Acrobat software
- Recovers “User” password, which is required to open the file
- Recovers “Owner” password, which permits to use PDF files without any restrictions (copy, print, edit, etc.)
- Brute-force and dictionary search are used to recover the password
- Patterns can be used to minimize search time if any part of the password is known
- Non-English characters in passwords are supported
- Automatically saves password search state and can resume after a pause
- Handy recovery history
- Decrypts PDF files
- Removes digital signature from a decrypted PDF file
- Supports all versions of Adobe Acrobat up to v.9 (including 256-bit encryption)
- Supports multiprocessor systems/multicore processors for even higher speed of password search
- Growl integration
Demo version limitations:
- The recovered password will only have 3 (three) first symbols visible, the rest will be masked with *.
- File decryption is available if Owner or User password was restored or User password is absent. However only the first page will be decrypted and watermark will be applied to it.
- Mac OS X 10.5 and newer