Serial Port ActiveX Control is a flexible component to open and manage serial ports directly from your application. Serial Port ActiveX Control saves you time by providing a high-quality alternative to complicated WinAPI for serial ports.
Serial Port ActiveX Control offers numerous methods to read from/write to serial ports, properties for advanced configuration of serial ports and events to control them.
Bundled with sample code for major development environments, Serial Port ActiveX Control ensures smooth integration into your own application. For the ASP developers Serial Port ActiveX Control provides array of VARIANTS data type to read from and write to serial ports.
Serial Port ActiveX Control is designed to communicate with external devices, connected via RS232/422/485, such as modems, bar code readers, PBX, medical instruments, IrDA, Bluetooth and USB serial devices, and so on.
- Flexible set of ActiveX methods and properties for advanced work with all serial ports
- Wide choice of supported events
- Full signal lines support (DTR/DSR/RTS/CTS/Ring)
- Extensive serial port configuration management (Baudrate, Databits, Parity, Flow Control, StopBits)
- Ability to set up control characters and timeouts for a serial port
- You can easily receive all the details about the port your application will work with: controller type, supported protocols, adjustable settings, etc.
- Any number of ports can be controlled at a time
- Read from/write to a serial port various types of data: string, binary, byte array of VARIANTS (for ASP), etc
- Ability to set up serial port settings within a single string (9600-N-8-1)
- Easily get the list of all available ports in a system and open any of them
- Virtual serial ports are also supported
- 64-bit version of Serial Port ActiveX Control in OEM installation package
Serial Port ActiveX is compatible with:
- Microsoft Windows 95, 98, Me, NT 4.x, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Server 2008, Vista, 7, 8, 10, Server 2012;
- VB: Microsoft Visual Basic 5-6;
- VB.net, C++, C#: Microsoft Visual Studio.net (2002, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010);
- C++ Builder 3-6/X/2006/2007/2009/2010;
- Delphi 3-8/2005/2006/2007/2009/2010.