Shared Serial Ports is a simple and efficient solution to share one serial port among multiple applications at a time. Shared Serial Ports ensures simultaneous high-speed, bi-directional and collision-free connection of an unlimited number of applications to serial port (RS232 standard).
All applications, connected to shared COM port, can communicate (send and receive data) with the device, attached to real port, as if they had an exclusive access to this device. Thus, Shared Serial Ports lets you bypass one-application-per-one-serial-port limitation and grant custom access rights to certain applications.
How does it work?
Shared Serial Ports uses Eltima accredited virtual serial ports technology (used by thousands of institutions and individuals worldwide) to invisibly create virtual serial ports in your system. To connect many applications to one serial port you just have to share it… with one click. Every time a new application connects to shared COM1, new instance of virtual COM1 port is automatically created, and access to serial port device is granted. Port access, managed by Shared Serial Ports, is highly secure.
To manage serial port connections, Shared Serial Port provides versatile access policy for each application. You can grant read/write access rights to a particular application, define the application that can manage serial port signal lines (Request To Send, Data Transmission Ready, etc.) and specify serial port connection parameters (Baudrate, Databits, Parity, Stop bits, Flow control).
Flexible technology, simplicity in use and adjustable access policy make Shared Serial Ports a real pleasure to work with.
OEM License allows you to invisible integrate Shared Serial Port’s technology into your own software.
Full features list:
- Provide simultaneous access to a single serial port for multiple applications
- Unlimited number of applications can work with one device (serial port) simultaneously
- Flexible access policy for each application (read/write to serial port; manage control lines)
- Useful on-screen visualization of shared serial ports, connected applications and communication activity (sent/received bytes, status, etc.)
- Full compliance with RS232 specification standard
- Customize real serial port connection parameters (baudrate, parity, flow-control, databits and stopbits)
- Fully compatible with Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista, Windows 7 and all 64-bit platforms
- High speed data exchange from/to serial port