In this section we will point out known problems and the ways to resolve them (if any exist).
Problems that arise while playing SWF files:
If you enable “Enable Flash Local Security” option in Preferences dialog (which is disabled by default) than every time when the loaded SWF/FLV file tries to access external data (either on-line or located on the hard drive) or open the specific web page in a browser Flash Player invokes Settings Manager that lets you specify global privacy/security/storage/notification settings. See this site for more information.
If SWF & FLV Player jumps to the next playlist item at the time when Settings Manager is open then Adobe Flash Player plug-in (which is used in SWF & FLV Player) crashes. You will see “Unexpectedly quit” error message. To fix this problem, please, uncheck “Enable Flash Local Security” or disable all “Go to the next playlist item if” options in Preferences dialog.
Flash animation does not pause when “Pause” button is clicked. There are several reasons why this may happen: SWF file contains Sprite objects which, actually, perform the animation; at the precise frame, previewed Flash movie loads external resources that run in their own time sequence; ActionScript, located in the frame, triggers certain animation sequences (usually Sprites). To sum it up we may say that the main reason why previewed animation cannot be paused is because some animation is not located on the main timeline. As the result, pause action does not work as expected for such Flash movies.
Frame-by-frame movie preview is not always available. This, in fact, is somewhat similar to the previous problem. If the SWF file contains ActionScript that triggers certain animations or jumps to the certain frame then frame-by-frame preview will not work correctly.
Problems that arise while downloading online flash movies when SWF is loading external resources:
Some SWF files don’t load external Flash movies correctly, and, as the result, cannot be previewed properly. This may occur if SWF file requests external FLV using FLVPlayblack function call, for some reason this call bypasses required documented procedures and this loading cannot be traced by SWF & FLV Player and some external resources may be omitted. At the moment, this problem cannot be resolved; however, we are working on it and, hopefully, will fix it in the nearest future.
Currently, files, transferred over RTMP (Real Time Messaging Protocol) cannot be captured by SWF & FLV Player for Mac (as well as with most of downloaders), because RTMP is a proprietary protocol developed by Adobe Systems for streaming audio, video and data over the Internet. For more info, please, visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Time_Messaging_Protocol
Problems that arise while playing back FLV files
- SWF & FLV Player for Mac quits unexpectedly when playing some FLV files:
- Perhaps you are playing the files saved at Mounted Shared Resource. We recommend playing the FLV files which are located on your local hard drive.
- If SWF & FLV Player quits running on Intel-based Mac please make sure that “Open using Rosetta” option is disabled. To check this go to Finder, search for SWF Movie Player.app, invoke context menu and select “Get Info” -> General
- If you need to play the files from Mounted Shared Resource or if our application quits in spite of the fact you are playing FLVs from Local System please follow the steps:
– go to Preferences;
– change the state of “Enable Flash Local Security” switch;
– restart application.
If you still encounter SWF & FLV Player quits write to firstname.lastname@example.org informing the details.
- It is impossible to move forward/backward to the specific time of the Flash video but rather discrete timeframe values. Indeed, fast-forward/backward options move to the next available key frame: the more key frames in the movie, the more smoothly it runs.
- While playing FLV file, that is added into playlist, first time, its total time value is changing meanwhile you are previewing it. This may occur if FLV movie was not properly created and total time is not available. Unfortunately, this problem cannot be fixed by means of SWF & FLV Player.