SWF & FLV Player provides highly demanded feature such as browsing on-line flash animations at the specified web address. You can preview the file on-line and save it to hard drive.
Note: Saving files to hard drive is available in PRO version only.
Watch online Flash movies
In order to watch online SWF files, please, do the following:
- Select File –> “Download online Flash movies” option from Main menu:
…or switch to “Download online movies” tab in the bottom of Main window.
- In text field enter the URL of the website you want to watch flash movies online from. Click “Enter”.
- When SWF file list is filled with all Flash animations found at the specified address select the file you need and click “Preview” button. The selected file will be played without adding to playlist. Note: “Preview” option is unavailable for FLV files.
Download online Flash movies
In order to download online Flash movies, please, do the following:
- Set default folder where downloaded files will be stored.
- Switch to “Download online movies” tab. In text field enter the URL of the website you want to download flash movies from. Click “Enter”.
- When “SWF file list” is filled with all Flash animations found at the specified address, select the file you need and click “Download” button to save the file. Note, you are recommended to download a SWF file with all external resources (they may open and play other SWF or FLV files, load images, etc). External resources are the files, that are used by initial Flash file you are about to download.
- Once files are saved, they will be automatically added to playlist and will start playing. It will happen only if “Automatically play files added to Playlist” option in Preferences dialog is enabled. Otherwise, when download is complete, switch to local player mode to play files you’ve downloaded.
Note 1: When switching to local player mode, the history of visited websites will be cleared. So, when you switch back to “Download online movies” mode, only the last site you’ve visited will be displayed in the Viewer.
Note 2: You may visit other websites even if download is not complete yet. It won’t influence the download process. Moreover, you may start another download, so that several files will be downloaded simultaneously.
Note 3: When switching to local player mode when the download is not complete yet, you may interrupt the download or continue it in background.
Note 4: Sometimes you may notice that there are several duplicated items in SWF file list. It may happen because SWF & FLV Player is in process of filling the list with all Flash animations found at the specified address, where several links to one and the same file may exist. When the process is over, duplicated items will be merged into one.