When converting SWF/FLV/EXE files into video format you may need to customize some video settings. Let’s see, step by step, how to manage settings for video conversion:
- Choose file format: AVI video
- Choose AVI codec: SWF & FLV Toolbox offers conversion of SWF/FLV/EXE files into video format using any codec installed in your system. You can select necessary codec from the drop-down list in “Choose AVI codec” combobox. Please, note that to be able to view encoded video files your end-users need the same codec installed in their systems, so if you want to spread your movie files to wide range of people make sure you use the popular codec.
Note: Some options, e.g. Keyframe rate Ð¸ Quality, may be unavailable, depending on the codec type you choose.
- Video FPS: “Frames per second” is the frequency at which unique sequential images (frames) are produced per second.
- Keyframe rate option defines how frequent control points (keyframes) have to be taken during the capturing process. This option indirectly affects the resulting movie quality: the more keyframes, the smoother the movie, however the downside is the size of the resulting movie.
- “Convert interactively” checkbox allows you to capture interactive SWF movies – games/presentations/etc.
- “Configure codec” button provides access to codec settings customization.
Note: This button may be inactive if a codec doesn’t provide codec settings. A pop-up window interface and codec settings depend on the codec type you choose.
Here is an example of codec settings window for ffdshow encoder:
- Quality option could considerably save resulting movie size (and upload/download time as well) on the one hand, and essentially decrease movie quality on the other. Try to experiment with different values to get satisfactory size/quality result.
- “Reset to defaults” option restores all default settings.
- Customize SWF & FLV Toolbox options
- Crop and resize images and video
- Customize image format settings
- Customize audio settings
- View file info
- View conversion log
- Save and view the result