The sync procedure is typical and includes the following steps:
1. Click “Add new pair” button.
2. Select the source device (the sync direction, in other words).
Read about sync peculiarities (sync direction, in particular) for iOS devices and iPod nano in the corresponding sections:
3. Browse to the required folder with music/videos or iTunes playlist on your Mac.
You can create new playlists in iTunes on Mac directly from SyncMate interface. Read the instruction:
4. Select the folder with music/videos or iTunes playlist on the remote device.
You can create iTunes playlists on the device directly from SyncMate interface. See the instruction below:
5. Click OK button to add the sync pair to the list.
6. Click “Sync now” button to start the synchronization process.
1. If you enable “Move files to Trash on deletion (if possible)” option in SyncMate Preferences, then, when some files are deleted on Mac during the synchronization process, they will be moved to Trash. It will help you easily restore deleted files in future if required.
2. If you are syncing from your Mac to the remote device, you can convert video and audio files into another format. It is useful, if you need to make your video/audio files size smaller (compress them), because they may take up a lot of space on your hard drive, or the original file format is not supported by your device.
Read how to convert video and audio files into another format:
Conversion of video and audio files into another format is not available for “Other side –> This Mac” sync direction. Video and audio can be converted only when syncing from Mac to the remote device.
3. You can import music/videos from your remote device’s folder either into a local folder on Mac or into iTunes playlist. Smart iTunes playlists synchronization is currently performed in one direction only (from Mac to device).
1. Click “Choose remote playlist“:
2. You will see all playlists currently available in iTunes on the device. To create a new one, click “+” button.
3. Type the name of a new playlist.
4. The newly created playlist will appear in the list of iTunes playlists on the device.
5. Now choose the newly created playlist and click “OK” button if you want to sync data from Mac to it.