Once you have purchased SyncMate Expert Edition, activate it to benefit from all its advantages.
You get the activation code as soon as your order is processed. The maximum number of Macs, on which you can enter this activation code (that is, activate SyncMate), is determined by the license type you own:
|License Type||Number of Macs|
SyncMate Can be Activated on
|Expert Personal License||2|
|Expert Family Pack License||6|
|Expert Business License for 10 Macs||10|
|Expert Unlimited Business License||unlimited number of Macs|
So, once you’ve activated SyncMate on the number of Macs determined by the license type you own, you can use these Macs (Macs with activated SyncMate Expert Edition) for syncing with any number of PCs, Macs and other supported devices.
|At least Free Edition of SyncMate should be installed on other Macs (secondary Macs), with which you are going to sync main Macs (with activated SyncMate Expert Edition).|
You do not need to activate SyncMate on secondary Macs. When you initiate sync from the main Mac, it is just enough to have Free SyncMate Edition on the secondary Mac to establish connection with it and to sync all the selected data from the main Mac.
Of course, if you would like to initiate sync from the secondary Mac and enjoy syncing all the plugins available, you’ll have to activate Expert Edition on it (or sync only plugins offered in Free Edition).
Say, you own Expert Personal License. So, you can activate SyncMate Expert Edition on 2 Macs.
You can use these two Macs for syncing with any number of Windows PCs, Windows Mobile devices, iOS devices, mounted devices, PSPs, Nokia series 40, Google accounts, Dropbox accounts, other Macs, Online Backup Storage, Android devices or all at once.
1. Click “Activate SyncMate Expert” in SyncMate menu:
2. In the invoked window enter your activation code you’ve received from us:
3. Finally, click “Activate” button.
4. SyncMate will be activated automatically. No system reboot or application restart is required.
5. If you still don’t have SyncMate Expert edition, you can upgrade your Free edition by clicking “Buy SyncMate Expert” button.
In this case you can activate SyncMate manually (offline). You will need to use another Mac which is online to get the special activation file.
Do the following:
1. Repeat steps 1-3 of the instruction above.
2. You will get the following message:
3. Click “Activate manually” button.
4. In the invoked window read the instructions and click “Save activation info” button:
5. Save the activation info to the file (it will have .activate extension):
6. Then bring this file (on a USB flash drive, for example) to any computer which has Internet access.
7. Go to https://activate.eltima.com. Click “Choose File” button to load the file, enter the verification code and click “Submit” button:
8. Activation file will be sent to the e-mail address (from which the order was placed). You will also have the possibility to download this file right away.
9. Bring this file to your Mac (where SyncMate is installed). Repeat steps 1-3 of this instruction to invoke the following window and click “Load activation file” button:
10. Once activation is successfully completed, you will get a confirmation message.
- SyncMate Expert Edition may be occasionally reactivated in the background to ensure smooth and uninterrupted license compliance check. This will require Internet connection as well. If there is no access to the Internet available on your Mac, you can reactivate SyncMate manually (offline). Follow the instructions above.
- Free version of SyncMate performs activation in the background without your interference. No activation code is needed! Activation of SyncMate Free edition is required for statistics only.
Still have questions concerning activation? Read the FAQs.