To install USB Network Gate OEM on the end-user system, do the following:
1. First, on the developer’s machine, register USB Network Gate with the OEM activation code that you get from us after the purchase.
Then, install the file found under the following path: /var/db/eveusb.db on the end user`s machine.
2. Install EveUSB_OEM.pkg (it is already included into the free OEM Evaluation Kit) on the end user`s machine.
For silent installation, use:
sudo installer -pkg EveUSB_OEM.pkg -target
3. Launch the daemon and the drivers by executing the following command:
sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.eltima.eveusb.daemon.plist
The package you get from us contains all the necessary components:
To uninstall USB Network Gate OEM from the end-user system, do the following:
- Stop the daemon by executing the following command:
sudo launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.eltima.eveusb.daemon.plist
- Delete all the components installed;
- Execute the following command:
sudo pkgutil --forget com.eltima.pkg.eveusb.oem
Accessing USB Devices in Remote Desktop Session
To be able to use USB Network Gate in RDP session, EveUSB_FreeRDP_Plugin.pkg (which is already included in the free OEM Evaluation Kit) should be installed on the end-user system.
To uninstall USB Network Gate from the end-user system, follow the steps below:
- Remove the following file from the end-user system:
- Then execute the following command:
sudo pkgutil --forget com.eltima.pkg.eveusb.freerdp_plugin
To use EveUSB OEM, you will need the header files and the static library (they are provided together with the OEM package right after the purchase).
There are two header files: eveusb.h and device.h which provide API for C++ programming language.
eveusb.h contains API for daemon management;
device.h contains declaration for class Device that represents local or remote USB devices (or USB ports, if more precisely).
libEveUSB.a is a static library, which enables other applications to send requests to eveusbd daemon.
EveUSB_OEM.pkg contains a console tool named “eveusbc” which, in its essence, is a sample demonstrating USB Network Gate functionality.
Use “eveusbc help” (without quotes) to get the list of available commands.
eveusbc.cpp contains source code of eveusbc.
stringtools.h is a header file used in the sample source code.