USB Network Gate for Mac 4.2.420
Released: April 12, 2018
- Fixed: minor issues with sharing of MTP devices.
- Fixed: minor issues with sharing of devices that have special characters in the serial number.
- Fixed: minor issues with sharing of USB 3.0 devices connected to USB 3.0 ports.
- Fixed: minor issues with connecting iPhone to macOS High Sierra (version 10.13).
USB Network Gate for Mac 4.1.415
Released: October 10, 2017
- Fixed: minor issues with the manually added devices.
- Fixed: issue with the “unshare all” console utility option.
- Fixed: daemon deadlock when sharing/unsharing a device multiple times via the command line.
USB Network Gate for Mac 4.1.410
Released: September 27, 2016
- Added: the ability to establish a reverse connection (i.e. a connection where the device server acts as the TCP client).
- Added: preliminary support for macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- Added: IPv6 support.
- Added: the ability to add remote devices manually (by specifying the server’s IP address and port).
- Improved: compatibility with the iLok dongle.
- Fixed: System Profiler and the About this Mac window did not open when USB Network Gate was installed.
- Fixed: a random crash on connecting to a password-protected device.
- Fixed: issues with updating firmware on a shared iPhone or iPad.
USB Network Gate for Mac 4.0.400
Released: April 12, 2016
- Added: a completely new driver with OS X 10.11 support.
- Improved: sharing of keyboards.
- Improved: sharing of devices that take a long time to restart (for instance, some Bluetooth adapters).
- Changed: OS X 10.8 is no longer supported.
- Fixed: a crash of the daemon on attempt to connect to a shared Bluetooth adapter.
- Fixed: problems with updating the firmware on an iPad shared on Windows.
- Fixed: minor issues of the interface.
USB Network Gate for Mac 3.2.0
Released: March 3, 2016
- Added: the ability to select the traffic compression algorithm.
- Fixed: devices on USB hubs with certain location IDs not being shown in the GUI.
- Fixed: high CPU load when sharing a USB port with no device plugged in.
USB Network Gate for Mac 3.1.0
Released: July 16, 2014
- Added: support for OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Added: experimental support for OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Added: computer name of the client which currently occupies shared USB device is displayed in the list of available shared USB devices on other clients’ side.
- Improved: device description can be changed on the go now.
- Improved: in case a shared USB device caused kernel panic, it acquires unshared status after the system reboot.
- Improved: mass storage devices are now shared/disconnected with proper saving of data on device.
- Improved: results of UDP scanning are cached now, when searching for available USB devices on the client, to reduce network load in future.
- Improved: driver loading/unloading logics to avoid unexpected system reboot.
- Improved: eveusbd daemon activity logging became more detailed.
- Fixed: several cases of the daemon hanging.
- Fixed: some issues with missing data packets caused by slow Internet connection.
- Fixed: stack-overflow issue on early application startup.
- Fixed: issue when two shared USB ports used the same TCP port in connection.
USB Network Gate for Mac 3.0.0
Released: September 12, 2013
- Update: The current version is incompatible with the previous ones. One cannot combine the old version of client with the new server and vice versa.
- Added: possibility to compress traffic. Helps speed up interaction with USB device and reduce Internet traffic.
- Added: USB Network Gate gained support for Apple’s Retina displays
- Added: support for USB 3.0 devices running on USB 3.0 ports
- Added: beta support for USB web cams
- Improved: shared USB devices are now automatically detected by the client and are added to the list of available remote devices on the go
- Improved: user interface has been completely redesigned for better user experience
- Improved: USB devices are now shared much quicker
- Improved: USB disks are now unmounted from Mac when being shared, to avoid “the disk was not ejected properly” warning
USB Network Gate for Mac 2.0.0
Released: November 28, 2012
- Update: since version 2.x the product has a new name – USB Network Gate;
- Added: full support of OS X 10.7 and 10.8, including OS X Lion Server and Mountain Lion Server;
- Added: support of USB devices with multiple USB configurations (iPhone, iPad, etc.);
- Added: sharing of USB multifunction peripheral devices (MFP);
- Added: freerdp plugin. Makes possible the access to shared USB devices in remote desktop session:
- by default, for your convenience only devices that you shared on the host will be displayed on the guest computer in your RDP session. Though search for shared devices on the network will be still available;
- automatic connection of shared devices is possible. In future, starting the program GUI will not be necessary;
- internal RDP encryption algorithm and password protection will be used.
- Much improved USB virtualization support:
- sharing of USB devices, connected to virtual controller at virtual PCI bus, including USB smart keys support (like iLok), was added;
- shared virtual USB devices behave exactly like real ones and your application or driver will see no difference.
- Improved: USB Network Gate now consumes less CPU resources; net card load was reduced as well;
- Optimized: shared USB devices now appear in the list of available devices much quicker;
- Internal improvements:
- sharing mechanism was improved;
- Virtual USB Hub of USB Network Gate now conforms to the USB 2.0 specifications.
- Update: all our drivers conform to Apple’s requirements as to low-level drivers development;
- Update: OS X 10.6 is currently not supported. The issue is due to be fixed in the nearest release.
USB Network Gate for Mac 1.1.0
Released: May 16, 2012
- Update: the client module is now fully-functional on OS X 10.7 (Lion)
- Added: libeveusb.dylib for USB to Ethernet Connector daemon management. GUI and eveusbsh.py interpreter use libeveusb API itself, that makes the library actual for all versions of USB to Ethernet Connector. Library sources are common for Linux and Mac OS X.
- Added: libeveusb binding enables daemon management from script languages using libeveusb API. Python binding is provided with the library; for other languages the binding can be generated using SWIG and the included interface file.
- Added: eveusbsh.py – CLI interpreter for daemon management (in OEM Kit only). Can fully replace GUI; enables remote daemon management, for example, via SSH session.
- Added: Xcode 3.2.X support for the project compilation
USB Network Gate for Mac 1.0.120
Released: March 30, 2012
- Totally new version