In order to use Virtual Modem PRO within your application, it should be installed on target machines (you can include the needed files as part of your software installation). Please, note that you need to own the OEM license to be able to redistribute Virtual Modem PRO without any limitations. Only OEM License grants commercial royalty-free redistribution rights.
To install it on target PC, follow the steps below:
- Copy NT4, NT5, NT5x64 folders and vm_service.exe, vspdxp_install.exe files, supplied with Virtual Modem PRO onto the target PC.
- Install virtual serial port driver as described in this section.
- Create the virtual modem in Windows registry as described in this section.
- Install Virtual Modem’s service as described in this section.
To uninstall Virtual Modem PRO, follow the steps below:
- Stop the service by executing the following command: vm_service.exe/disable.
- Unregister the service as described in this section.
- Remove the key from Windows registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ELTIMASoftware\VirtualModems).
- Remove the driver as described in this section.
- Remove all of the files from the target PC.