They say around 500 hours of video is upload to YouTube each minute, and a good chunk of that is music videos. Something I love about YouTube is that it is able to create a mix of songs based on the song you’re listening to to match your taste. While it’s convenient to listen to music on YouTube on Mac, it’s less convenient to just listen to YouTube on a device like an iPod or iPad. There are ways you can make it more convenient though, such as by using a great YouTube clip downloader for Mac to download YouTube clips on Mac and extract the MP3 from them. Keep on reading to learn more about how to download clips from YouTube on Mac using a great YouTube downloader.
Here are the most popular apps to download clips from YouTube on macOS.
Airy is a solid YouTube downloader for Mac. It’s simple to download and install on a Mac. Airy allows for two free downloads, and you can invest in the pro version for total unlimited YouTube clip downloading.
- Use a web browser to open your chosen YouTube video.
- Copy and paste the address of the YouTube video into Airy and choose the MP3 format before clicking download.
- Airy can be integrated with a web browser to display a download button for Airy when browsing youtube.com on your Mac.
- The MP3 files Airy downloads are saved in the Downloads folder. The Finder button next to the name in Airy takes you straight to the location of the file.
Why choose Airy?
- Airy allows users to download YouTube clips on Mac in bulk.
- You are able to download an entire playlist or channel.
- Log into your account to download age-restricted videos.
Elmedia Player for Mac provides a great alternative to Airy. It works as a YouTube clip downloader for Mac but it’s also a great way to play the content that you download. It handles it all in one.
Elmedia Player is also able to download an entire YouTube playlist or channel. Here’s how to download YouTube clips using Elmedia:
- Download and install the free Elmedia app and then activate the Pro version using the code acquired from the developers website.
- Copy and paste the link from YouTube and press Enter.
- Choose the MP3 file format for the download.
- Files will be saved in the download folder after downloading, but you can change the save location in the preferences menu.
Even if you want to use Airy as your YouTube clip downloader on Mac, you should still consider getting Elmedia Player and using it as a media player because it supports many different formats.
There are also plenty of online services that allow you to download from YouTube. One of the best is Clipconverter. This service is simple to use; just copy and paste the YouTube link into the interface, choose the format for the download, and then click the download button.
Another quality online service is convert2mp3.net. Find the video you want to download on YouTube and right-click it. Click “Copy video URL” and then paste it into the website to download an MP3 version of any YouTube video. We hope you’re able to get all your favourite YouTube music downloaded on to your device and enjoy it even when you aren’t connected to the internet. We’d love to know what you think so leave us a comment below!
Version 3.9.218 (14th Jul, 2019) Release notes