To activate USB debugging mode on Android device, do the following:
1. Android v. 4.0
- Go to Settings –> Developer options:
- Enable USB debugging mode:
- Go to Settings on your device. Settings can be found in Menu –> System settings.
- Scroll to the bottom to find “About phone” (“About tablet”).
- At the “About” screen find “Build number” and tap it seven times.
If you have tapped seven times exactly, you’ll get “You are now a developer!” message:
- Now that you have USB debugging mode enabled, you can easily disable/enable it in Settings –> Developer options –> Debugging –> USB Debugging. After you followed this procedure once, your USB debugging mode will be easily accessible for enabling/disabling without following all these steps again.