- With Serial Port Monitor you can connect to ports that are already open and start monitoring at once. Data is captured in real time and displayed conveniently. Data packets are easy to compare. You can record IOCTLs with all details and parameters.
- This COM port sniffer can monitor several ports at once so users can get the data on how apps interact with several serial devices within a session. The collected data can be viewed as table, line, dump or terminal, with sump view being able to show binary, ASCII data and port settings. Another great feature this serial port testing software offers is emulating data transmission to a serial device so you can see and analyze the reaction of a device to certain commands and data. You can send string, binary, octal, decimal, hexadecimal, or mixed data.
- The popular Modbus RTU and Modbus ASCII protocols are fully supported with all essential filters for the most effective analysis.
- Serial Port Monitor is the most precise RS232 testing software thanks to the possibility to reproduce the monitoring session in order to review certain port behavior with the same parameters used in different conditions.
2. Free Serial Protocol Analyzer by
Another software solution, without any hardware needed. Free Serial Port Monitor can intercept, display and analyze data exchange between a device and a serial application. Also a useful solution for software, device driver or serial hardware development that helps you test, debug, and optimize your product. It will dig into data flows and protocols and display everything in a comprehensive way.
SerialMon is a free RS232 port analyzer for Windows that takes up little space. It can monitor serial port communication through a software or with a simple hardware solution. Supports ABB RP570, ABB SPA-bus and NMEA 0183 protocols.
This serial COM port monitoring solution supports full duplex mode, has multiple flexible parameters, works in automatic and manual modes, exports data to a file, and has a device simulation mode. This software is developed for advanced users and automation pros.
5. Portmon for Windows
Portmon can monitor and display all serial port activity in a system. Also a good tool for tracking down possible issues with apps or devices configurations and analyzing serial port usage by the apps. This solution offers remote monitoring. You can monitor many remote computers at the same time. Multiple filters help you see the data conveniently and analyze it faster. This COM monitor can export captured data to a file like the previously reviewed solutions.
Thank you for reading our top serial port monitor tools selection. Whatever you are working on, choose a reliable and best performing piece of software to achieve the most satisfying results.