USB over LAN software
Traditional hardware options for sharing USB is very limited due to proximity of devices. Coupled with that, you are stuck with a clutter of wires and cables all over your desk. By using USB Network Gate instead to access the USB to LAN adapter, you have a convenient and efficient way to share any of your USB devices, including USB to LAN dongles, over a network without all the hassle.
How to use USB Network Gate to share your USB device?
- Download and install USB Network Gate on the server machine (The computer with the physical USB port where you have attached the adapter that you want to share)
- Launch the application and locate the device you want to share in the “Local USB devices” tab. Click “Share”
- Then install USB Network Gate on the client machines. (The Client refers to all machines that require access to the remote USB device)
- Start the application and click on the “Remote USB devices” tab. Locate the shared USB adaptor and click “Connect”.
- You're all set. The client machines will now be able to see the remote network adapter in the computer's Device Manager and will have full access to it as if it was physically connected to the client.